“You call that customer service”
Review of Armando's Windsor

Armando's Windsor
Ranked #38 of 811 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howard
Description: Authentic stone fired pizzas, wide variety of delicious pastas, chicken, veal and seafood dishes, and now serving TBQ ribs and chicken! Everything is prepared fresh and made to order. 5 large HD TVs, a media room, intimate booths, and a cozy lounge make Armando's great for any occasion. We invite you to come in and experience our delicious food, relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was here this morning for brunch with my family as well as some friends, I give 100% kudo's to all the waiters and waitresses they work so hard and make sure all their customers as satisfied. Unfortunately, there was a woman who claimed to be a manager who had dark maybe black hair who I over heard was rude as could be to her employees. I also over heard one of the waitresses ask her a question that a customer had maybe it was a concern I'm not positive but I also heard this dark haired "Manager" say well that's too bad? really? I thought you as a manger are suppose to care about how you treat your staff and treat your employees. after over hearing the conversation I refuse to go back to this restaurant even though the food was amazing, the price was just right, and the waitress I did have was wonderful I do not like to hear management talk down to their employees nor talk bad about their customers.

john p, Owner at Armando's Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Shelly,

I am sorry that you feel the way you do but I have looked into the situation and spoke to every employee that was working that morning and they all said that there was no such situation. We do not know if you overheard random conversation regarding something outside work but can assure you it wasn't work related.
We strive everyday to give our customers the absolute best service! I see that you were happy with everything else, so I do not think it's fair that you rated us with one star. We work real hard to achieve the best rating possible by giving the customer a great overall experience every time and would hope you can reconsider your decision.
If you like to email me directly to discuss further that would be great.

Thx John Pizzo
armandos1@cogeco.net

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I visited for a romantic dinner. We were seated in a nice booth away from the hustle bustle of the bar side. I had the chef's recommendation salmon penne with spinach and tomatoes. It was delicious. My wife had the chicken parm. It was HUGE. Of course a to-go box was needed. The service was excellent and the prices in my opinion were very reasonable. I had a 9 oz glass of the house cab and it was very yummy.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Recently enjoyed a meal with 6 colleagues at Armando's in Windsor. The service was excellent! They had some interesting beer on tap that we all enjoyed. The menu was pleasing with a nice variety of choices. Everyone tried something different and we all were happy. The pizza and the spaghetti and meat balls were big hits. I had the veal with a pasta side and a house salad. Very nice! The place was packed on a Monday night which tells you something.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went to Armando's in Windsor for lunch for the first time. Great Pizza and great service. Place was very clean. I will definitely visit this restaurant again the next time I'm in Windsor. I would like to try the other meals in their menu. Looks like they have some good selection.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went there, as a group of 16, for lunch.
We had set a fixed menu before going so there.

Service was fast and efficient.

Warm foccacia with balsamic and olive oil was excellent

The cheese ravioli were excellent! Pasta was cooked perfectly and sauce tasted home-made: rich and robust. Staff came around with pepper grinder and extra parmesan.

Tossed salad with mixed greens was crisp and fresh and the balsamic vinegar was spot-on.

Then the food went downhill from there.

The chicken parmesan was grossly overdone. The coating was oil laden and the chicken dry and difficult to chew. The cheese on top was congealed and cold and was in a perfect square leading one to think it was packaged.

The green beans were grossly underdone to the point of raw. If they had been freshly picked (impossible because they were not in season), it might have helped but these were big and very stringy. And by placing the chicken parm on top of the beans and potatoes, the spuds became mushy to the point of the skins peeling off. The presentation was way off. We know that stacking food may be the "in" thing now, but because of the sheer size of the chicken, many people had to move it to their bread plate to get at the veg.

Others have raved about the tiramisu but frankly it was blah. Way too much whipped cream and not enough lady fingers soaked in coffee and booze. left a cloyingly oily taste on ones month.