“Service is a must!” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Walkerville
Description: There are two locations. This is the one on Tecumseh Road. The other is on Pitt Street at: 63 Pitt St East Downtown
Windsor, Canada
“Service is a must!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Have been there a few times, and i keep wanting to like it so much! But its just the service that is the worse. I know it is not fast food, but literally, i could go to Mexico and back before, i even got my beverages. The food is standard Canadian Mexican food, a bunch of burritos, nothing too exciting, or authentic. But again, the service is what really makes the place bad. I felt like, i was annoying the waitress by being there and eating at their restaurant, giving them my hard earn money. Now in all honesty, i have had one good experience with the service, with a blonde hair girl, very good server, maybe a manager? But the older red hair server, is horrible, makes the place look bad. I just want to like this place so much but its hard when you can't even get a menu!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank lalaf f

Belle River, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I don't know what all the buzz is about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

After reading the reviews we took my brother-in-law and our niece for dinner before they headed back to the D.R. Thinking that we would have a great dinner.We waited 5 minutes to be seated or even spoken to and there were only 3 other tables there. The flaming cheese was not melted enough but tasted o.k. the rest of the food was just there,nothing to brag about and they need to find a bartender to make margarita's because the lime juice was so over powering my husband usually can have a couple glasses and his brother only had half of one 30 bucks for a pitcher of packaged lime juice that i could make at home for pennies with fresh limes.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank barbnog
Essex,Ontario,Canada
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The food is amazing...family owned and operated..they take their time in preparing the dishes...everything fresh and plenty full except the chips and salsa when you arrive..it's a very small basket and never was asked if we wanted a refill...since the food is prepared personally and it did take some time which is understandable a few more chips and refill on salsa would have been nice...my only problem was the decor...the cloth chairs were all so badly stained and looked so grimy,I looked at a few to see if I could switch mine out for another but all were the same...the washroom was clean..it just looks like the place could use a bit of sprucing up...other then that the food was a delight and so was the service...keep up the good work!

• Visited May 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Good tex-mex style restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and really enjoy it. It is a small place and really reminds me of some of the places in Mexican town in Detroit, except I don't have to cross the border! The food is excellent and the drinks are great too. The only reason I gave them a three for service is they are pretty popular and can get pretty busy and sometimes it seems they could use an extra staff member. But overall I really enjoy them, try the burritos!

Windsor
“Disappointing, needs a lot of improvement...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I love Mexican food. I make it myself, because no one spends time to make mole sauce properly, and many salsas come out of bottles, like the sauces...
Went to Mexican Grill on Tecumseh Road at lunchtime. The place was empty, and cold.
One person working spent most of the time on the phone talking about personal matters.
The salsa is boring, the fajitas were terrible. No seasoning, let alone salt. They put the cheese on top before they bring it to you. Who does that? No colour to the food, barely cooked, no attention to detail.
Totally disappointing and we both agreed these were the worst we ever had. Third time going to Mexican Grill (twice at the one downtown), will never go here again as it gets worse every time.
This makes me sad, since Windsor needs more good Mexican Restaurant like Walkermole (which is amazing). I wanted this restaurant to be good. Someone has to do a lot of work, or this place is doomed. Anyone who rates this restaurant higher or raves about it is either doing them a favour or has exceptionally low standards.

• Visited December 2011