“Enjoyed casino, but disappointed with the hotel.”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Loved the casino. $5 tables. Friendly staff, called me by name. Clean. Still lost money tho. Room was not worth the $200 charge. Usually get comp at other Caesars properties. Nero's Restaurant meal was best I've had in a while!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank averagetravelor
Write a ReviewReviews (8,327)

Reviewed 25 May 2011

There are two towers the original and the new one. They both have great views looking either up down or across Lake St Clair (Detroit River) at the Detroit Skyline. If you are like me you can enjoy watching the ships navigating up and down the river.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Nice washrooms with glassed in shower and tub.
The only problem is from the parking garage you have a long walk through the casino to check in and if you are in the older tower you have to double back to get to your room.
Valet parking takes you just below check in.
In good weather great for walking across street along pathe following river.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kitcheneral
Reviewed 1 May 2011

If you want to access their restaurants with a child under 19, don't go! We had our baby with us, and the only option to eat was room service. The concierge told us that a restaurant would do 'to go' service, but when my husband went there, they refused. The manager on duty didn't have any suggestions for us. We couldn't even get from the parking garage to the main building unless we walked 2 blocks in the rain, because of the baby. They would not allow us to walk through the gaming floor with her.
If you are going for a fun adult trip, it would be an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scuba054
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Warning that if you ask for a non-smoking room you may end up with a smoking room. The front desk manager Jill was very rude to us and didn't even offer to help us find a new hotel with a non-smoking room. She said the non-smoking room is only a request not a guaranty. When we checked in at the hilton they said they have had numerous guests come over for the same reasons and even had people moved out of their room so a high-roller could stay at Ceasars. When we tried to check in early for the next day they couldn't even get us in early and that check in was at 4pm. The only helpful person we encountered was the concierge who offered to drive us over to the Hilton. Our internet never worked properly to top it all off and when we called front desk they said they would put us in contact with AT&T and then charged us long distance charge for the call after they were the ones who connected us. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Erin040
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Everything at this property is too expensive. The rooms are more then I pay in Atlantic City and Vegas! I am a Total Rewards member and usually get free rooms, but not at this property. Drinks are not free and are off the charts expensive. My wife and I like to drink while gaming and we spent about a third of our bank roll on drinks. I did enjoy how you can order drinks right from the slot machines. Food was also pricey for a casino and very limited options for the size of the property. We probably put over a thousand dollars in the machines and didnt win anything back to speak of. We won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Jberlin1848
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We stayed over night and when I first saw the room I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was and very clean. The bed was sooo comfortable. The buffet was plentiful, the sushi was poor, in my opinion, desserts were great!! Only one thing to complain about, and that is the sharks in the poker room. Played in a tourney and all the players know each other, they know the dealers etc. They obviously go there everyday, if you aren't a seasoned poker player stay away from there! I could hardly understand what the dealers were saying, and they are very fast, it's just not fun like Vegas, it's more business like. I did ok, even tho one of the regulars tried to bully me right from the start, Not cool, he got his tho!! Lol, Slots seemed tight, but we had alot of fun, I totally recommend the hotel !!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I don't know where to start about how upset we were at our recent stay...First we waited almost an hour at The Legends Restaurant for a Sandwich at 9pm...there were only about five other people in the place at the time and we thought this is really ridiculous...our server could barely speak English...and never even apologized for the long wait...our room was very dimly lit...could hardly see to apply make-up in the bathroom. It could use some updating as well...There was a bottle of water on the table near the coffee maker...I used it thinking that it was complimentary...I was wrong...it had a very small sign near the water that stated the water cost $8 a bottle!
We felt that the walk was too far from the parking garage to check-in...and too far from our room as well.
The slots were very tight...and we feel that they need to add some machines that play the exact denomination and not multiples of the denomination.
I will say that the room was clean...but unless we get a comp we will not be staying again anytime soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple