Caesars Windsor
TripAdvisor
US$69
TripAdvisor
8,568 results
All reviewsforum towerslot machinesgreat casinogaming floorjohnny rocketshotel and casinoartist cafetable gamestotal rewardsgreat entertainmentmarket buffetnon smoking casinoget awayexchange ratevalet parkingmini vacationsports bar
Reviewed 30 April 2013

During my visit to Detroit I thought it would be good for me to visit Caesars Windsor as my primary purpose was to play blackjack. You must have a US passport in order to cross the bridge into ontario (if you are a Detroit resident you can apply for an enhanced drivers license).

If anyone is a black jack player they had $5.00 and $10.00 tables around 11:00 pm for the rest of the night. This is a nice casino (non-smoking) which made it easier for me to play.

I would definetly suggest you to go and visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband & I stayed Sat/Sun night at Caesar's Windsor for a combo weekend away, anniversary and to see Il Divo in concert Sunday evening.
I have to agree with previous reviews that the self parking is a fair trot to the hotel registration desk - brutal dragging luggage through the casino. Also agree that check-in was less than informative.
We were assigned room 816 in the Forum. HUGE disappointment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even close to the 'Luxury' accomodation we expected. I refused to sit on the sofa - see attached pictures for visual explanation..... The staff do an amazing job of cleaning with what they have to work with. Change up the sofas/charis, fix up the bedskirts and these rundown rooms will perk up. On Sunday, we stopped by the registration desk and were fortunate to speak to Kyla, Front Office Supervisor, who went the extra mile - comped our breakfast and changed our room to 966 in the Augusta tower. Thanks Kyla - you made our weekend.
Of course, the Il Divo concert was fabulous. Would we return??? - only if we get the right room.
A special shout out to Janet - Security Services. Your help is much appreciated.
I rated this as a 3 due to the poor room initially.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in the Augustus Tower with my wife who was attending a conference. Lots of renovations going on the time. Business center was closed would have been nice to know as you have to walk through the Casino for pretty much everything. Internet was slow. The shower got stuck on twice. They sent someone up within 10 minutes, seems to be a cheap shower leaver issue. Fridge in the room was loud. Views were great. Size of the room and overall cleanliness was nice. Really nice workout area, pool and sauna. Again the hot tub was closed.Good luck trying the get a bellman. Was told that they have no carts went down to valet saw about 15. Terrible service in that respect. Took it up with the service manager who was very receptive overall. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A conscious attempt at a Vegas Style Casino in Ontario ends at the decor. The majority of staff at the Caesars Windsor seem to have no real care for their jobs unlike the Casino staff in Vegas resorts. I realize Windsor is no Vegas and I am asking a lot expecting these folks to actually show some concern for the guests but, out of all the banquet servers, front desk staff, casino hosts and others I spoke to, only the bellman and valets seemed to actually try. I attended for a working conference and could not, for the first 2 days of my stay open a web page via the wifi network. I could connect but that was it. No on site tech support or even a knowledgeable person to be found. I spoke to front desk staff, guest services and even the concierge who then directed me to an AT&T call centre, which I of course waited on hold with for a long time before I finally gave up. Billing yourself as a great place for business as well as pleasure, you should have a wifi network that can handle a large volume of users. I would not return to this hotel for business nor would I recommend it for conferences. I would, however, return for a weekend of fun, the casino is great. The rooms are above average, but not "very good" I would have rated them as good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Augustus tower this weekend and loved it. This was our second trip here in the past year, we get comped rooms from time to time and drive up for the weekend. To me, this hotel and casino is as close as you will get to a Vegas experience without actually going to Vegas. The rooms have modern decor, flat screen TV's, a mini fridge, and if you're lucky enough, a nice view of the river and the Detroit skyline. The bathrooms are spacious with a shower and separate bathtub. We had a king bed which was extremely comfortable and we both got a great nights sleep.

From the decor down to the overall experience, this casino is probably the best one we've been to outside of Vegas. The main floor consists of every slot imaginable as well as plenty of table games. The second floor has more slots and a poker room. The thing I liked is that they had $10 blackjack tables all night. I'm not an experienced player so I typically stick to lower stakes tables. There is a main bar on the first floor with a stage behind it. There was a band playing for most of the night and a huge crowd in the bar and surrounding areas. It was really fun to take a break and watch. The drink prices are reasonable for a casino, comparable to other places. As for the gambling, we both played all afternoon, took a break for dinner at Nero's, and proceeded to play all night. That's all I want when I go to a casino, I don't expect to win anything (although it would be nice ever once in a while), I just want to be able to play for a while and have some fun. We accomplished that and had an amazing experience in the process.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple