“Love this casino!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We recently enjoyed a day and overnight at this casino. From our first contact with the Rewards desk employee to morning checkout, we encountered pleasant, helpful staff. Our room, which was a bargain, was beautiful. Actually, one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever experienced. Very clean and the bathroom was elegant. The only downside is that there are two towers but only one registration desk. Since we were in the Forum Tower, we had to walk (with our luggage) from the desk to the other tower (through the casino). We could have had someone deliver our luggage but we had only two small bags. We enjoyed the "Artist" restaurant for breakfast. Good food and very friendly staff. We will definitely return to this casino... and hopefully get luckier on our spins!

Room Tip: Next time we stay we will request a room with the Detroit skyline view. We both grew up in Detroit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKBS

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. There are two towers to choose from. My husband and I always stay in the older Forum Tower. It is closer to the Parking Garage so I keep the luggage in the car until after check in. The main lobby is a far walk to check in from the parking garage and that is also where the newer tower is which is the Augustus Tower. Its a long walk and pulling your your luggage through the casino is a hassle. That is why I like the Forum Tower. The Forum Tower is up to date and very nice. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There is Free Wi-Fi also in the rooms. The hotel is a first class stay. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very beautiful hotel with lots of helpful staff. My room was nice and large being well appointed with a couch, mini fridge, closet, large flat screen, comfy beds with different pillows for your liking. One of the nicer bathrooms I have seen with separate tub and walk in shower. An excellent view of the Detroit city skyline and river. It was amazing to watch the Great Lake freighters sail by day and night. This was the only place I have stayed and used the window view as my TV. Lots of restaurants onsite, some a bit pricey, but lots of chains and local places a few minutes walk away.

Huge 2 level casino (Canada's Largest) with all types of video machines, card and betting tables open 24-7. Alcohol is served until 2pm but staff are always around to help you or bring you a drink.
Several bars and some with live entertainment provide a relaxing area away from the noise of the casino floor.
Also onsite is a 5000 seat auditorium with many world class acts passing through over the years.
You can expect a bit of walk to your room and usually through the casino depending on which tower you are in.

Take your passport and catch the Tunnel Bus to Detroit for an easy tour to the city its only $4 each way and clearing customs was very quick on each side. Once in Detroit you can hop on the people mover (overhead train) and see much of the area near the river. The Bus stop is just across the street from the front of the hotel. You can get money exchanged right on the casino floor at an ATM type machine.

Overall my trip was excellent with no issues and maybe someday i will return to Caesars and get my 100$ back lol!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view on a higher floor it will be hard to leave the window!
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel during a convention. The room was very large and had a beautiful bathroom with separate shower. The view was spectacular across the river at the Detroit skyline. For the most part the restaurants are a bit on the pricey side but the Taza was quite reasonable especially for breakfast and the quality was very good. There is also a fast food restaurant called Pronto where you can get pizza or a hot dog if you are pressed for time. This is a huge establishment with the casino on two floors. There can be a fair amount of walking to reach your room but they do have scooters for rent. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful when asked for directions either around the hotel or around town. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in Windsor.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We recently found ourselves needing a hotel room in Windsor on a Sunday night. After comparing prices between the Casino Hotel and the other chain hotels, we decided to stay at the Casino. If you are looking for a hotel room, and not planning on gambling, there is no reason to not stay at the Casino Hotel. The Casino Hotel room cost was within $10 of the others, on a Sunday night. And it was lavish and opulent, with free valet parking. Added bonuses was there are 4 or 5 restaurants in the Casino so you don't have to go outside in inclement weather. But if you want to, you can also walk to all the downtown Windsor restaurants.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Large, very comfortable room with a fantastic view across the river to Detroit city centre. Very good bed, curtains that kept out the light, a good desk with reasonable Internet and a separate shower - all the basic boxes well and truly ticked. Food in the sports bar was OK with good service.
Breakfast in the Artists Café was poor - a triumph of quantity over quality - and seemed expensive, especially for the mediocre food that was on offer. The second morning, I was also chased out as I was leaving and accused of not paying - embarrassing in front of my clients... In fact, I had charged to the room but there was, they claimed, a "computer glitch" - but that was while I was cooling my heels by the till, after my clients had left. Unacceptable - especially with no apology.
They also need to look at their check-out process - I had to make a trip across the entire gaming floor and back, just to collect a receipt after checking out from my room.

1  Thank Ashley H
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Rooms area nice, beds are soft,. I've ate at all the restaurants and havent had a bad meal yet. Live entertainment is really good too. The main bar that has the bands/groups are fa-nominal!
Even room service is fast. Did have one hickup getting thru valet...scheduling went wrong and it took 45 minutes to park BUT it normally takes 5 minutes...

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces Detroit - the river is beautiful to look at.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends