“Location, parking, comfort”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Windsor, Canada
“Location, parking, comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great downtown location - close to border crossings (but a bit aways from the highway - but close to all of the action). Free parking, incredibly comfortable rooms.
Have stayed here a few times and will whenever I get the chance. It can be a bit pricier at times, but just look for deals.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,735)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Caesars Windsor is a solid all-round hotel, but there a couple minor deficiencies that is hindering its rating. Located right beside downtown Windsor, Caesars offers gamblers, sports fans, concert goers and clubbers and excellent venue to enjoy their facility. The location of the hotel/casino is definitely a strong suit. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The pillows were on the weak side, I found them far too soft. The shower stall in the room did not a strip at the bottom of the door. This led to a significant amount of water collecting on the bathroom floor. A little dangerous if you ask me. When I checked into my room at around 4pm, there was a dinner left out in the hall by another room. When I checked out at 7am the nest day, that same meal still had not been picked up, a whole fifteen hours. While the room was great, there are some small things that the Caesars Windsor has to do to take it to the excellent level.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tdsuperstar
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Have been doing business in the Windsor area for 20 years and have stayed at many different hotels. This one is by far the best . Rooms are a good size with couch and working area, very comfortable beds and pillows, big bathrooms with separate shower and tub, very clean and modern.

Restaurants are all quite good... Nero's is a high end steak house... Very good food and wine list

I rarely gamble when I am there on business so I stay for the quality of the hotel, not the casino.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed in the Augustus Tower (there are two towers at the hotel) in a junior suite on the 19th floor. The bedroom was very large with two Queen-sized beds and the sitting room offered tons of space to sit back and relax (though I was surprised at how sparsely it was furnished). The view north (yes, north!) across the river to Detroit was spectacular, particularly early in the morning.

If you want to gamble Caesars offers up virtually every time of table game. They even have a sports book where you can bet on NFL and hockey games (though it must be done via parley cards).

If you don't mind walking (the distances between the hotel towers and the casino can be long) this is a great space to stay.

Room Tip: Junior suites (I was in room 1966) provide great views across the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed for one night on business. I always request staying in the Augustus Tower because it is closest to the free valet parking and lobby. I am not a gambler and walking through the casino floor to the Forum Tower is not a fun walk when you are carrying your luggage (made that mistake my first time there). My room was very nice, clean and bright. I was on the 20th floor and the view was in the direction of the Ambassador Bridge and an amaxing sunset. I did not like the pillows as I found them too soft but that is my own person preference. The staff were wonderful and very helpful with any questions I had.

Room Tip: Augustus Tower is closest to the lobby and valet parking unless you don't mind carrying your lug...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle H
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We recently enjoyed a day and overnight at this casino. From our first contact with the Rewards desk employee to morning checkout, we encountered pleasant, helpful staff. Our room, which was a bargain, was beautiful. Actually, one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever experienced. Very clean and the bathroom was elegant. The only downside is that there are two towers but only one registration desk. Since we were in the Forum Tower, we had to walk (with our luggage) from the desk to the other tower (through the casino). We could have had someone deliver our luggage but we had only two small bags. We enjoyed the "Artist" restaurant for breakfast. Good food and very friendly staff. We will definitely return to this casino... and hopefully get luckier on our spins!

Room Tip: Next time we stay we will request a room with the Detroit skyline view. We both grew up in Detroit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MKBS
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. There are two towers to choose from. My husband and I always stay in the older Forum Tower. It is closer to the Parking Garage so I keep the luggage in the car until after check in. The main lobby is a far walk to check in from the parking garage and that is also where the newer tower is which is the Augustus Tower. Its a long walk and pulling your your luggage through the casino is a hassle. That is why I like the Forum Tower. The Forum Tower is up to date and very nice. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There is Free Wi-Fi also in the rooms. The hotel is a first class stay. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Comfort Inn Windsor
#8 of 35 in Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,057 reviews

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!