“Business trip”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Firstly, the Valet parking is a nightmare to find. The area seems like a maze once you get close to the hotel/casino. Your patience will be rewarded when you realize valet is free and the people are super nice. Once out of valet, trying to find the hotel front desk and subsequent room is also a nightmare (better after you have done it). Rooms are super nice and clean, we stayed in the Augustus tower. Bathrooms were amazing (full separate shower and bathtub). Bed mattress was super uncomfortable though! Casino seemed like you were always lost, but I won money so I didn't mind. Saw a lot of frustrated people (who I figured lost money) taking out their anger on the Valet service people (nasty comments), felt bad for them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ryan H

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed in the Forum tower. My complaint about this part of the hotel is it is SO far from the reception and you have to walk through the casino to get between the two. (remember your ID!) The rooms were nice and the housekeeping was super nice, changing out all the pillows for me when I requested foam instead of feather, and leaving extra shampoo when I asked. They also came quickly when I had a maintenence issue. I spent a little time at the pool which I enjoyed... it was nice to feel like I was lounging poolside even though it was snowing outside! Also the view is fantastic.

They could use a lot of help in the food department. Breakfast is not served anywhere before 7 am, which makes business travel sometimes difficult. Room service ends at 10:45 pm. They did not have breakfast ordering cards for room service like other hotels I have stayed in, and you cannot get room service breakfast earlier than 7 am. The Market Buffet was not very good, and the Artist Cafe was downright terrible. I did like breakfast in the Taza restaurant, I just wish it started a bit earlier.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PassportGirl75
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our third time at the hotel, first two times were in the forum tower. It is getting a little tried. This time was the Augustus Tower, much better. We were there to see a show (Craig Ferguson and Josh Robert Thompson, great pair very funny, would go again. We're not gamblers so the casino holds no appeal for us. Room service and food services overall are in need of improvement. Night of the show 7:15 pm, show is at 9:00 pm we order room service, clubhouse and soup, simple, told 30 to 45 min, great 8:00 pm we eat and off to the show. 8:30 rolls around just about to call and knock knock. Room service shows up finally. No real time to eat at a realistic pace. Food was good just no time to enjoy it. Later that night after the show went to Legends for a snack and drinks, order nachos, again simple. must have taken 30 to 45 min to get food, granted they were fast with the drinks we each had three before the food showed up. Talked to the front desk and they did apologize and comped breakfast next
morning which was buffet and pretty good. HMMM maybe the trick is buffet. The other problem we discovered is the the room service kitchen is way too far from the hotel area. Our food might have been ready in 30 to 45 min but the travel time is another 30 to 45 min.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have been doing business in Windsor for many years and to be frank there are no decent hotels in the city. I have stayed at a suite hotel down the street and while it was great when it first opened it has become very tired and the cafe in the hotel has gone through so many changes.

I decided to try Caesars after a good experience in the casino hotel in Moncton. Caesars was a more expensive at the start but when we checked in they gave us a $30 credit to use in the hotel. We had supper in the Marketplace and after using the credit it cost us $18 for two people. We signed up for their Rewards card and we saved more money at supper and we were given a $10 gambling credit each.

The rooms are large and the bathroom had a tub and a shower which give you an idea of the size. It was also very clean with lots of towels.

The Marketplace Buffet was good and the service staff were excellent. The front desk check in was efficient but there was not warmth or welcoming feeling.The check in person was full of himself.

I am glad we have found a good place to stay in Windsor, give it a try you will be surprised after putting up with mediocre acomodations for all these years.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tempoman
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great downtown location - close to border crossings (but a bit aways from the highway - but close to all of the action). Free parking, incredibly comfortable rooms.
Have stayed here a few times and will whenever I get the chance. It can be a bit pricier at times, but just look for deals.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Caesars Windsor is a solid all-round hotel, but there a couple minor deficiencies that is hindering its rating. Located right beside downtown Windsor, Caesars offers gamblers, sports fans, concert goers and clubbers and excellent venue to enjoy their facility. The location of the hotel/casino is definitely a strong suit. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The pillows were on the weak side, I found them far too soft. The shower stall in the room did not a strip at the bottom of the door. This led to a significant amount of water collecting on the bathroom floor. A little dangerous if you ask me. When I checked into my room at around 4pm, there was a dinner left out in the hall by another room. When I checked out at 7am the nest day, that same meal still had not been picked up, a whole fifteen hours. While the room was great, there are some small things that the Caesars Windsor has to do to take it to the excellent level.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tdsuperstar
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Have been doing business in the Windsor area for 20 years and have stayed at many different hotels. This one is by far the best . Rooms are a good size with couch and working area, very comfortable beds and pillows, big bathrooms with separate shower and tub, very clean and modern.

Restaurants are all quite good... Nero's is a high end steak house... Very good food and wine list

I rarely gamble when I am there on business so I stay for the quality of the hotel, not the casino.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Walkerville
Comfort Suites Downtown
Comfort Suites Downtown
#7 of 35 in Windsor
City Centre
Travelodge Hotel Downtown Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#10 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!