“Great hotel, fun time, bring you walet”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed 2 day s, a Thursday and Friday and had a great time. We drove to Windsor and check in was quick and relativity painless. We stayed in the Augusta Tower, the kids tower, we were told, the other tower is a adult only tower.
The room was nice. Spa type bathroom, while not huge it was spacious, with all the usual amenities. Shower (all glass), separate tub, nice tilling all around. Just outside the bathroom door was a mini-frig, coffee maker (1 cup), and a small serving area for the appropriate refreshments. We got a nice king size bed and a fold out couch with ottoman. TV seemed small; and that, was from a unsolicited comment from all in the room. I suppose it was a around a 30 inch, maybe it seemed small, since the “norm” at home is so much larger anymore, but the picture was excellent.
Dinner that night we went to the Legends Sports bar. Nice big TV’s. Seated quickly, we were quickly served up drinks and look thru the menu. I thought for a more upper scale Hotel there would be more options. Burgers ($12), chicken sandwich, pizza tin crust only, ribs and a few other items. They really need to expand the selection; some different sandwiches would be nice. I had sliders, wife a burger and the kid a chicken sandwich. No one raved about the food that night. Good, sliders…. Plain,, . I expected more. Dinner bill $75 for the 3 of us (with beers), and somewhat disappointing.
Day two, we looked at our options. All you can eat bar ($18, (never tried it) but looked REALLY good, the pronto, a small uninviting hole, where they served dogs and “quick snack” (never tried it and don’t want to), or back to the legend. There were no other options because no one wanted a big meal, so we returned to the Legends. Well we wanted to watch a game anyway, so off we went.
My son and I had the burrito and the wife had the turkey rollup. We were all much more pleased with the food. Maybe it was a bad nigh last night. Still, there is a short selection and too expensive for the size and the caliber of food severed.
Drinks are pretty expensive. $16 for a pitcher with a upside-down cup glued the bottom of the pitcher just to rob you of one more beer. Sorry Caesars’ that is slap in the face, looks cool, but a slap. I suppose they claim it to be a oversize pitcher, whatever…….
Sleep; Thankfully, I heard no activity in the hallways, or thru the walls, which is always a blessing. I am somewhat picky about the comfort of the bed, I have hip issues, and a hard bed is a bad sleep. The bed, while not a Feathertop, but was very comfortable. Both my wife and I slept soundly, even on the first night, that is somewhat unusual.
Around the complex are mostly houses and apartment buildings. Strange for a Casino that has been there so long. The few business we drove past, a few blocks away, scared us. They looked very run down, closed up, not inviting, just plain sad. Maybe, because it was January and the weather is so cold? I don’t know. I am sure Detroit’s Casinos’ have put a large hole in Windsor pocket. Greek town does look more inviting, even in the dead of winter. Especially because of the choices of restaurants and shops to look at right across the street. Sorry Caesars.
Don’t let that stop you from coming. Nice quick getaway. All in all, a great couple of days even for a non gambler, nice, clean facilities, great service, not what I would call cheap, but for a all-in-one, close-to-home, it made for a nice get away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank quikdog42389

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Decided to stay at Ceasars Windsor for a two night getaway with my wife and two month old son. My wife wanted to stay somewhere with a spa and given all of the advertised restaurants we figured this was a logical choice. Rooms are nice and that's where it ended. On arrival we were greeted with security staff telling me I had to take my son on a cold walk outside as he could not be carried through the casino floor which separates parking from hotel reception. My wife carried on to her spa appointment and I promised to catch up to bring her her flip flops (re pedicure). I'm told at hotel reception that the only way to access the spa is through the casino...a detail conveniently absent from any advertisements or website. Sufficed to say, I could not meet up with her. I then find out that in addition to no pool or fitness access (without leaving my infant son and wife behind) I likewise cannot access all but one restaurant advertised on the website, hotel tv station, etc. in other words, if travelling with an infant, we offer incredible amenities, none of which you can access. My wife and I convey our disappointment to front desk management at which point the manager throws up his hands and says it's the Ontario regulations against carrying our son through the casino that is to blame (sorry, but the Province of Ontario didn't take my money and create a website that fails to mention to families that all of the wonderful amenities attracting one to stay here are located within the casino and off limits to anyone under 19). The manager next responds with a comment that they wouldn't even let families stay here if they didn't have weddings booked at the casino hotel. How is that a customer service response to a family? I didn't hear them complain that they barely tolerate families in the building when they took my 179 per night. Sufficed to say the remainder of the response from Ceasars was nil. I'll avoid staying here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank chunkmcg
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Booked a deluxe room at Caesar's Windsor because we were attending a Styx concert right after Christmas. Dawn was our check in hostess and she was pleasant, efficient and very helpful ( and not just because we share the same first name!) She really listened to what our goal was as far as the hotel stay and gave us a room that followed that wish (close to theater, because of the concert). Room was clean, comfortable and had a nice view from the 14th floor! Would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lvgal61
Reviewed 9 December 2013

we decided to stay in windsor while going to a Lions game in Detroit, coming from chicago. room was great, casino was also really good. low minimums, not allot of creepy people, really helpful dealers. didn't really eat there, besides starbucs. wanted to hit the buffet but it closed early on sun.
tried to tip the front desk girl to get a better room, didn't really work. she made sure we were on a high floor but she couldn't upgrade our room. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Firstly, the Valet parking is a nightmare to find. The area seems like a maze once you get close to the hotel/casino. Your patience will be rewarded when you realize valet is free and the people are super nice. Once out of valet, trying to find the hotel front desk and subsequent room is also a nightmare (better after you have done it). Rooms are super nice and clean, we stayed in the Augustus tower. Bathrooms were amazing (full separate shower and bathtub). Bed mattress was super uncomfortable though! Casino seemed like you were always lost, but I won money so I didn't mind. Saw a lot of frustrated people (who I figured lost money) taking out their anger on the Valet service people (nasty comments), felt bad for them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed in the Forum tower. My complaint about this part of the hotel is it is SO far from the reception and you have to walk through the casino to get between the two. (remember your ID!) The rooms were nice and the housekeeping was super nice, changing out all the pillows for me when I requested foam instead of feather, and leaving extra shampoo when I asked. They also came quickly when I had a maintenence issue. I spent a little time at the pool which I enjoyed... it was nice to feel like I was lounging poolside even though it was snowing outside! Also the view is fantastic.

They could use a lot of help in the food department. Breakfast is not served anywhere before 7 am, which makes business travel sometimes difficult. Room service ends at 10:45 pm. They did not have breakfast ordering cards for room service like other hotels I have stayed in, and you cannot get room service breakfast earlier than 7 am. The Market Buffet was not very good, and the Artist Cafe was downright terrible. I did like breakfast in the Taza restaurant, I just wish it started a bit earlier.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PassportGirl75
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our third time at the hotel, first two times were in the forum tower. It is getting a little tried. This time was the Augustus Tower, much better. We were there to see a show (Craig Ferguson and Josh Robert Thompson, great pair very funny, would go again. We're not gamblers so the casino holds no appeal for us. Room service and food services overall are in need of improvement. Night of the show 7:15 pm, show is at 9:00 pm we order room service, clubhouse and soup, simple, told 30 to 45 min, great 8:00 pm we eat and off to the show. 8:30 rolls around just about to call and knock knock. Room service shows up finally. No real time to eat at a realistic pace. Food was good just no time to enjoy it. Later that night after the show went to Legends for a snack and drinks, order nachos, again simple. must have taken 30 to 45 min to get food, granted they were fast with the drinks we each had three before the food showed up. Talked to the front desk and they did apologize and comped breakfast next
morning which was buffet and pretty good. HMMM maybe the trick is buffet. The other problem we discovered is the the room service kitchen is way too far from the hotel area. Our food might have been ready in 30 to 45 min but the travel time is another 30 to 45 min.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple