“Quick Getaway”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Nice Hotel and casino, it does have a few things that remind you of Vegas but of course it is no Vegas. Rooms are nice along with the restaurants, we picked Neros which like Las Vegas was fantastic. The bars scattered throughout were cool looking but they have automated and properly measured liquor for every drink!!! I am not a heavy mixed drink guy but they were unbelievable weak and because they all had to share they pourers I was forced to order a couple at a time in the one bar because the wait was so long and started to order doubles for it to taste right. Probably our last trip across the border as the next getaway will be back to MGM Detroit.

Room Tip: Always get the riverfront!
1  Thank Doug S
CaesarsWindsor, Manager at Caesars Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Doug - Glad to hear that your trip was mostly positive. The food at Neros is always top notch and we are happy that your experience there was excellent. As for the drink measurements, they are regulated to pour only 1oz at a time. What bar were you at that they had to share the spouts? We would like to give feedback to our Beverage department to ensure proper service next time. We do hope you come back again and give us another shot! Cheers, CW.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this resort in April for 3 nights. We booked through our Total Rewards and received a great deal for the 3 nights. The resort is clean, the rooms are clean, and we even won a little gambling. Love the fact that they have 3 card poker with a 5.00 minimum!

Valet, front desk, bellmen - all very friendly and helpful. Room was nice size - having a fridge was an added bonus.

Absolutely no complaints and we would go back again.

2  Thank theromos
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Took my Mother overnight for a show and some slots. I have to say the staff at the front desk for check in were extremely nice and helpful and deserve a 5 out of 5 stars. The room however was just your average hotel room. The lounging chair in the room was worn as was some of the other furniture. The room was clean but we did find some mold in the shower and some dust, etc. Beds were comfortable and no noise from other rooms though.

We stayed in the Augustus Towers and had a very nice view of the Detroit river. My Mother is a senior and she did find it a bit of a hike from the hotel room to the slots, but the good thing about that is no noise from the casino.

I guess when you are paying $169.00 for a week night and over $250 on a weekend, I guess you just expect a bit more from the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Darlene E
Reviewed 5 May 2014

What an absolute SCAM.
Had I booked directly through Ceasars Windsor, (which I thought I was) would have been $169.00 in Canadian Funds. But ... it was "HotelSavings.com" and turned out to be $176.81 USD ... Once I got my VISA ... THEY ADDED A $19.00 SERVICE FEE per room X 5 rooms. They first claimed it was the US Exchange rate that bumped it up to $200.55 per night. IT WAS NOT.
I followed up with the their "HOTELSAVINGS" supervisor Francis, who stated it was their "Service Fee". Never was there mention of it while booking. It appeared on my VISA once I got it. DO NOT DO IT. PLEASE!!! Always Ask when booking whether they charge a booking or service fee.

Room Tip: This reflects poorly on Ceasar's in my opinion since there was nothing they would do and referre...
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guy P
CWGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Caesars Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear ti123US,
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. While your experience in not typical for our guests, our goal is to ensure very guest has an exceptional stay. We hope you reconsider your decision and decide to return in the future. Sincerely, Caesars Windsor

Reviewed 4 May 2014

In Windsor for a night with the honey and had a great time. The hotel itself is definitely doable. Not overly luxurious, i.e. no room service and distance of valet to your room is really far and strange. You schlepp your stuff thru the casino itself to get to your room. We thought that was odd. Other than that was nice location and good for a stay, we'd definitely come back. The dealers were very friendly and helped us learn! Which was to the benefit of the casino because now we would definitely return because of that experience. The dealers and bartenders are very fun and welcoming.

Room Tip: Full river view is what you need
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelermillions
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A family member recently treated us to a night at the Caesar's Windsor hotel which was a free promotion offered because she is a rewards member. We stayed on the 15th floor of the Forum Tower overlooking the river in a king bed room. I was actually surprised at how nice and spacious it was. They could of squeezed another bed in there. The finishes were nice although a little dated now as this was the old tower. I was disappointed that there wasn't free wifi (I guess certain floors get wifi and others don't?) but other than that the room was comfortable, had a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom was nice.

The pool/hot tub area is also nice (they had outdoor couches!) although it can feel crowded at times. We went down to swim at 10 pm on a weeknight and there was still half a dozen other people there. Overlooking the pool area is a gym that was well equipped with modern equipment that included personal television screens. There were also change rooms with saunas and lockers.

The nice thing about staying here - aside from the casino - is the number and variety of food vendors on site. If you get thirsty you can also head down to the first floor of the casino where there is a self-serve drink area (pop, juice, hot beverages). And if you're not a Rewards member take the 5 minutes to sign up at their kiosk, especially if there's a promotion (we got $10 off at the buffet).

Room Tip: If you get thirsty you can also head down to the first floor of the casino where there is a self-ser...
2  Thank B-l-a-i-r_82
Reviewed 3 May 2014

.., the wife and I stayed at Caesars Windsor on Sunday APRIL 27th, 2014 to see the Bill MAHER show. We stayed in Room 501, the "Forum Tower". Our room cost over $300.00. It was a very nice room, but no view of the Detroit River.... Bill MAHER rocked!! Staff was super friendly!! Food was very good! The bed was very comfortable! The shower, however, sucked.., big-time! The water pressure coming out from the shower head was dismal..., on any setting... And I'm thinking to myself.... hmmmm..., we've just paid over $300.00 to stay in this great room..., with very little water pressure from the shower head... To some people, that may not be a big deal.., but to me..., IT'S EVERYTHING!!! I expect to have a GOOD SHOWER..., and not to be standing in a shower stall for 10+ minutes longer to get all of the soap off my body and shampoo out of my hair...!! These are the kinds of little surprises that I don't want..., and this will impact on my future decisions about staying at "Caesars Windsor" ..., or at a different hotel... G.F. WHITE LONDON, Ontario.

1  Thank Garry W