“One of the best in Windsor”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have stayed at a few hotels in the downtown area and Caesars Windsor I feel is the best. I usually stay while on business but brought the family last time and it was still great. You do have to stay in the one tower unfortunately so you don't get access to the pool and some other amenities but it's still worth it. Getting from the parking garage to the front desk without crossing the casino floor is an interesting journey but still not too far.

The Mediterranean restaurant located in the main lobby is unbelievable. Really good food, great service and very reasonable. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CaesarsWindsor2014, Guest Relations Coordinator at Caesars Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Neil,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. If you do visit again with your family please stop by our concierge desk and they will provide you information on Adventure Bay Family Water Park. It is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Caesars Windsor

Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you want to be repeatedly nagged for your ID just because you look under 21 then this is the place for you! RUDE STAFF and security. We had workers ask us for our ID 3 times and then again at the bar by a rude blonde lady who said "you shouldn't be offended" when I just asked why she was IDing me..no way whatsoever was I offended. What is the point of getting thoroughly IDed at the door if they are just going to do it again once you are trying to enjoy your time? Once I turn 21 I will never be returning.

Good machines are ALWAYS taken by the regulars (which the staff treats superiorly than everyone else). Regulars will leave for 20 mins and have their seat saved by staff. They will not get off and if they do they give the machine to their friend..not letting people who have been waiting on the machine first.

Gave it one star because i had to.
Caesars Windsor is terrible!! I would rather be in Vegas...at least they do not repeatedly ID you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank C S
Management response:Responded 4 September 2014

Dear CS,

I can understand your frustration with being asked for identification numerous times. Unfortunately we do ask for photo identification for anyone 30 and under. Plus we are held to higher standards and we take responsible gaming very seriously.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were at Caesars Windsor for two nights in August 2014 with the Ontario Senior Games. We had to wait for over 1 1/2 hours to get our rooms (after 5:00 PM). They knew we were coming and the rooms should have been ready for us. There were hundreds of Senior Citizens forced to stand and wait for their rooms and there was only seating for about 15 people. When we finally got into our rooms the shower was dirty and mouldy. The rest of the room was fine, it was large and well laid out, but the toilet paper holder was broken (and it never got fixed even though we reported the problem). One of our two phones didn't work and we didn't bother to report it.

Check in was fast and friendly even though there was a long line-up and the Concierge service was efficient and knowledgeable about their services and the amenities of the surrounding area. Too bad they didn't have our reserved rooms ready.

With some care and attention, by Caesars, this could have been a wonderful hotel experience, but they missed the mark because of poor housekeeping and attention to detail. I expected much more from a 4 star hotel, but they let me down.

Check-out was fast and easy. Caesars did a good job hosting the Closing Ceremonies and banquet. They served almost a thousand people quickly and the food was hot and good tasting.

Room Tip: a river view would improve the view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Greg L
CaesarsWindsor2014, Guest Relations Coorindator at Caesars Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Greg,

Please accept my apologies for the problem you experienced with check-in and your hotel room. Unfortunately we experienced a large number of arrivals all at one time and in turn caused the delay. Please know your comments have been share with the Hotel Management team to review so they can make improves.

We do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The whole experience was good from the valet parking, easy check in and checkout and a great view from the 25th floor from a well appointed room with all the amenities one would expect from a good hotel.

The only negative was to be told we did not need a reservation in the Market Buffet BUT having to wait for 40 minutes to get in!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CaesarsWindsor2014, Guest Relations Coordinator at Caesars Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear bobca46,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. The buffet does get quite busy on show nights and the weekend, I am sorry you had a delay in your meal.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Check-in was quick and easy. The room was what we expected, Only stayed one night. Had a problem with the room safe and a staff member was sent to our room quickly. The only negative was the tray of food that sat in the hall from another room was never picked up. It was there when we arrived and still there when we left. Maybe an oversight on housekeeping.
The casino was much larger than we expected and had plenty of slots to choose from. There are plenty of places to eat in the hotel so you don't have to leave the building if you choose not to.Valet parking was quick and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building so you don't have to walk through the casino to get to your room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear cat64_12,

Thank you for your review.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate you bringing to our attention that a Room Service tray was left in the hall. Definitely an oversight but your comments have been forwarded to the manager.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It had been quite awhile since my last visit to Caesars Windsor, remembering the great time I had on previous visits, drew me back for more adventure. I arrived shortly after 5:00 p.m. on a .Tues. My check-in went hassle free and fairly quick. I was given a room in the Forum Tower which is a fair walk from the front desk. I`ve walked it before, being a senior, I don`t mind the exercise. The room was spacious and clean with a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. It was just right for a 2 night stay . There are a number of places to eat on the premises. For a light lunch or a snack, (hot dogs, soup, sandwiches etc.) I recommend PRONTO on the second floor on the way to the Forum Tower. Show your Players Card and get a DISCOUNT!

Room Tip: rooms in the Augustus Tower are much closer to parking and the Casino, than the rooms in the Forum T...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank griff21_12
CaesarsWindsor2014, Guest Relations Coordinator at Caesars Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear griff21_12,

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to know you had seamless check-in and you enjoyed your room.

Hope you will be able to return soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This property offers excellent value providing you select a promotion when booking on-line. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Yes, there is a long walk from self park to the lobby but as long as patrons are aware or this and plan accordingly, it is not all that bad. The check-in was smooth, however this was after 6:00 pm.

My only complaint was the WiFi did not work in the room. I let the front desk know of the issue but it was never rectified. However, it worked well in the lobby.

Room Tip: Consider joining the Total Rewards program. This will allow you to check-in early at no charge and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear 411BaseballTravel,

Thank you for your review and the tips you provided to upcoming travelers.

I apologize that you had an issue with wifi on your last visit. I have forwarded your comments to the hotel front desk to look into further.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.