“Great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Michigan
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

My husband and I love to go here. It's close to home and gives us the fun we like when going to casinos. The hotel is very nice and the new Augustus Tower is OK. I actually prefere the older Forum Tower. The rooms are all redone in the old tower and very comfy and roomy and plush. The new tower looks as though its OLD already and its only a year old, but it is comfortable and plush in the room. No reason not to stay in either tower, both are very nice.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,599)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I have family in Windsor and practically would consider myself a resident with the amount of time spent there. So it wasn't anything 'new' to me but actually staying at the Casino was a whole new experience...

The room itself was beautiful - it had everything and more. The only reason I wasn't fully satisfied was because I should have taken the upgrade that was offered for a larger room wrapped with floor to ceiling windows. The room was beautiful but I was expecting a different room, one I had seen..otherwise, the bed was AMAZING. Very well maintained, EXTRA clean & was spacious..

The view was spectacular. Face to face with the Detroit skyline. Perfect view. It was nothing short of fabulous. You pay more for river front views but it's totally worth it if you're staying with a significant other. It definitely amps up the romance.

The Casino was fun. Unfortunately, there was not enough time to enjoy the spa or the fitness centre but it was definitely tempting and looked gorgeous.

We had V.I.P. swipe card parking which is always a plus as it makes everything that much more easier for getting in and out of the casino privately. However, we did initially use the valet, they are extremely courteous, rushing to open doors and not allowing you to pick up one bag. Tip well, they deserve it. Exceptional service.

The room service staff(Vera, in particular) did a FABULOUS job of making our service that much more exciting. My bf has a way of words, but charmed the room service attendant to the point where she sent free chocolates to our room..for him. Ha! He was SO grateful and I laughed. The food, was fantastic. The 3 egg omelette was ginormous and I recommend the clubhouse with fries, it was enough to feed both of us ... for one order. It was HUGE. They are very, very generous with their food portions. LOVED it. Being on vacation was not about being healthy.

I recommend walking the waterfront of the Casino, Windsor definitely has the better view.. (Detroit skyline)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank delaelle
East China Mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

We have been to Windsor many times and always have a wonderful stay. The rooms are not like other "comp" hotels, they are colorful, lively, warm, and inviting. Not "brown and dreary" like the other freebies. The beds are comfortable and the updated flat-screen TV is great, we don't have one at home. The machines are tight, but I play the pennies anyway for entertainment. The scenery, cleanliness and helpful hosts are worth every penny. also free valet service. Great for an overnight weekday stay away from home.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BarbroseEastChinaMi
Metro Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

My husband and I spent a Friday evening here mostly to attend the Sara Evans concert, which was fantastic!! However, aside from the entertainment, we had big issues with the restaurants. At 2 p,m., it was difficult to find one open!! Apparently they close down for a couple hours...what???? At midnight, we wanted a snack, and again, the sports bar was no longer serving food.

Also, did you know that if you find a ticket, security will hunt you down and take the money back!! We returned $100 (found left in a slot machine) without anything in return, except a request to see a driver's license....why??? Well, we think we discovered why when we crossed the tunnel back to the States and were stopped for a vehicle inspection and one hour delay!!!! I guess that was our thanks for accommodating their "NO finders keepers" rule!!

We will not go back...very expensive room for one night and not worth the hassle.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

We come here quite often and enjoy the free (comp) rooms and food. So it is up to us as to how much money we spend gambling. We seem to always find machines to play that are letting us play for long periods of time and also an occassional jackpot. I like the no taxes out of the winnings. They also pay our toll across the bridge or through the tunnel. We find that all the staff treat us very good and try to be helpful. Our room is always comfortable and clean. We haven't been to a different casino in many years. And we used to visit many in Michigan. By far this is the best.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hawglo223
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

I stay at Caesar's Windsor at least once a month in order to have a mini vacation and an escape from the drudgery of "real life". Caesar's is perfect for that. I can take in a fabulous show, swim in the pool, watch a new movie snuggled up in their wonderful beds, or gamble to my heart's content.

What's not to like?

Read of my multiple trips to Caesar's here...

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Blonde4ever000
Norhern Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Windsor Caesar's during the NCAA basketball final four. This was our first trip to this casino, staying four nights. We had a great room in the Forum Tower overlooking the Detroit skyline. The room was large and well decorated. We liked the ambiance of the casino - more like Vegas than the casinos back home in Southern Indiana. Slots are a little tight - but they seem to be everywhere these days. I would have liked to see a smaller minimum at the Blackjack tables. Sunday night had nothing less the $25 a hand with 4 tables at $100 a hand (and only one person a table playing).

We ate at the "Artist" restaurant and the buffet. The buffet was horrible - everything overcooked and cold. Prime Rib sandwich at the restaurant had no taste. We do recommend the French Onion soup, though.

We'll go back, but will eat at other restaurants outside of the casino.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Walkerville
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews
Comfort Inn Windsor
#5 of 35 in Windsor

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!