“Very nice!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 23 April 2010

This was my first time at Caesars Windsor and was very impressed with the size of the place, all public areas were spacious and uncrowded even in the casino. There is alot of walking to get from one place to another which could be a drawback for some. The room was quiet, again spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was also (surprise) spacious though I wish housekeeping would've cleaned the floor better not sure if this was because of the tile used but it just didn't look clean. TV could be bigger but they want you to be gambling not vegging out upstairs. Ate at the Market Buffet for dinner-pricy but there was so many different types of food and quality was good for a buffet so did not mind paying it. Slots seemed tighter than what I'm used to at the Detroit casinos also going to Canada is not so much a hassle but the tunnel coming back to the US was backed up all the way when we arrived at 2 PM and at 9 AM when we checked out took about 30 -45 mins. to come back through.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Great room, as nice, if not better, than the tower rooms at The Mirage.
Gambling bad but that happens. Food at the coffee shop was bad, gnats flying around. Good selection of beers at the bars. I recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 12 April 2010

Our arrival was marred by having to sit in a mile long line to valet park. Not organized well, need additional help since this is probably their busiest night (a Saturday)

Front desk got a little annoyed when we mentioned our room was supposed to be on someone else's card, kept saying :"we don't have that on file" when what we were trying to tell her was that when we check out the other person will present his card.
A misunderstanding but she didn't have very good people skills.

Other desk clerks were fine and friendly.
Overall personnel we encountered were great.

The room was fine, next time (if there is one) I would request a river view though.

The doors slam hard so sleep is difficult esp in the morning when everyone is leaving.
The doors are very scuffed up - need some refurbishing.

We had a not so great dining experience but I wrote about that in a separate (restaurant) review.

The casino was fine but sure didn't hear any bells and whistles going off. ):

Reviewed 8 April 2010

We decided to go to Windsor this year for the NCAA Bball Tournament instead of Vegas. Big mistake. We stayed at the Windsor Caesar's. Nice hotel but it feels like you are on a cruise ship. Rarely heard any excitement from winning. Drinks are overpriced and in socialist Canada - no smoking, no drinking after 2 a.m. or before 11 a.m. Overall the experience was a waste of time. For an extra $300 we could have been on the Vegas strip. Plus, you go thru Detriot to get there - enough said.

3  Thank NDPatriot
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Made reservation to coincide with my wife's 40th birthday, concert at WFCU centre and wine tour the next day, and could not have been happier with the hotel. Well appointed rooms, wonderful, friendly staff and a great value for the money....If you are reading this and are looking to save a couple of bucks and stay somewhere else----don't do it!

Nice feature: complimentary valet parking

We will definately be back!

Reviewed 24 March 2010

I have stayed here many times before. I have been in both towers and the rooms look indentical. They are always clean, large and most have a good view. I love the bedding and the seperate shower and bath. I have noticed that staff are getting more friendly then previous visits. They are more talkative and make sure all your needs are taken care of. Even the cashier was friendly and asked how my night was going! I always look forward to stay here and can't wait until my next visit. It is my favorite casino in the Detroit area. Tip - Bring your Piston ticket after the game. They will exchange it for a free buffett!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Had a weekend nightaway for some gambling dinner and drinks with friends. This being my first time at caesars windsor, and let me tell you the rooms were absolutely amazing. Wasn't sure what to expect but my expectations were blown away. Big spacious room with a nice view of the detroit river and the room also had a nice sitting area and huge bathroom with separate shower and tub . And my wife was a big fan of the large makeup area and particularly the large and plentiful mirrors. The maid service was out of this world. We had requested extra blankets for the pullout bed and they were fast to accomadate and friendly in asking if there was anything else we needed. That is a huge plus when the staff is that friendly. In the room there was a fridge , coffeemaker, and microwave. The only negative for me was the elevators were extremely slow but that was due to the fact that two elevators were down for service so I will overlook that. We also enjoyed dinner at nero's steakhouse in the casino and the prime rib and risotto were to die for. The price was a little steep , but when it's that good I don't mind!!!!! overall a wonderful time and can't wait to go back!!!!!! P.S. I am a person that refuses to take my kids to a place like this for obvious reasons but I realize some people have no choice. So just to let those people know this hotel restricts so many areas to kids . Kids are only allowed to stay in a certain tower in the hotel and they have no access to pool or restaurant facilities in the other tower so be sure of what your getting before you go.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends