“Great location, classy”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, classy”
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I've stayed here twice: once for pleasure visiting Windsor for family (we all were very impressed), and more recently, about a week ago while visiting on business. The location is great for downtown Windsor and the rooms are classy. I'm not much of a gambler so I can't comment on the casinofacilities, but we had a great time heading out from Ceasars to some of the restaurants and pubs nearby.

There are two gotchas I encountered I need to mention.

First, I arrived at quarter to midnight, and was informed that my room was not ready yet. This was resolved within 20 minutes, but I was a little surprised that this could happen after arriving so late in the day.

Second, although it didn't bother us when we were travelling for pleasure, access to Internet from anywhere in the building costs $15/day, which seemed a little outrageous for business travel.

But the venue itself is great and if you're looking for a good place to stay in Windsor, my colleagues and I (and my relatives, on our first trip) all found this a great choice.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,050)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
chatham
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My husband and I spent one nite here for our third wedding anniversary, wow what a great nite!! We arrived and checked into a room and we were very pleasantly surprised, IMMACULATE, SPACIOUS, UPDATED, AND WONDERFUL BEDS!!! We had a turn down service included in our stay that included robes and chocolates and fresh ice brought to our room, the attendant wished us a happy anniversary, you dont find that too often...we ordered room service for dinner and breakfast, and both times it was delicous and hot and plenty of food...Ceasars Windsor knows how to treat people to make them come back, and let me say, we are already palnning another nite!!! Cant wait to go back, and thankyou Ceasars Staff for a very memorable stay!!!! PS..we won 300 bucks on slots which was the icing on the anniversary cake!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Based on the cost of my room, and the experience I had, I rate this hotel as poor.

The good - All staff we encountered were very professional. The room itself was very nice. Refrigerator in the room was very convenient. Absolutely loved the bathroom, except for that the shower needs a light because it's quite dark in there. The pool/exercise areas looked wonderful, with views of the riverfront. The room itself was very quiet. Since my room was in the same tower as the pool/exercise area, access to it was very convenient.

The bad -

The worst thing was the fact that people could not get through on the telephone to me. Friends/family waited from 5-45 minutes on hold, in order to ask to be put through to my room. This was a HUGE inconvenience, and meant I was waiting around the room for calls, or gave up, left the room, and missed calls.

When we got there the bathroom lacked any shampoo/shower gel. I called down and requested some and was told some would be sent up immediately. When the very pleasant staff member appeared at my door shortly afterwards, they had more bar soap, not what I had requested. Not acceptable for 2 reasons. First, stock the room properly in the first place. Second, a simple request was not satisfied.

The room was at the opposite end of the casino from the front desk. A very long walk with luggage to check out, or drop by with a request (in person since telephone requests were ineptly handled). Also, since I was traveling with someone with a disability, it was much more of an issue.

Things I knew before hand, but which make me rate this hotel as poor based on price paid - no free wifi (basic at even most 2 star hotels now) - no free breakfast of any sort (again, free at many lower star hotels). There are other downtown hotels that are better located for walking to area restaurants/stores.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank ktowntravllr
Toronto
Reviewed 15 February 2011

On this occasion, five of my friends ( business acquaintances) and I we're working in the area so we all thought we would stay a night, there's a dozen of us that try to get together a few times a year and this I suggested we visit Caesars.
After some time on the slots we made our way over to the card tables and I'll tell you that you stood a better chance of winning the jackpot that you did of finding some one to offer you a cocktail. The service was so bad you might have thought that the drinks were free and they just didn't want to hand any out.
My friends and I sat there asking the staff around the card tables to please see if they could find a server to take our drink order. The best any one could do is wave their hands around once in a while to see if they could attract a server. I could understand if it was a busy night but this was around 12:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 and you could have fired a cannon through the place.
Now this is where it gets good, we finally get our order taken and we all order two drinks each thinking we might not see any one again for a while. Boy we're we right.
We sat around again and the same thing, no service!
Finally, we have some one take our order so this time we all order three drinks each.

Now get this, the server comes back with one beer out of 15 drinks ordered (there we're only 5 of us left).

She then tells us that as she was entering our order - 2AM clicked in and all computers shut down at the bar. So we we're out of luck for the drinks, well we did get one beer so we asked for 5 shot classes so we could share it...
I thought how ridiculous is this so I asked to speak with a manager, after some time the bar manager comes over and reiterates what the server was saying. Fair enough there are rules that we all need to live by but I must admit I was not happy. Being the one that suggested to stay at Caesars, so after asking her to please have her manager come over she informed me that there was no other manager on duty, I suggested that she have some one call me in the morning. I gave her my name and number and I thought this was done.
She then comes back with pen and pad in hand and asks me for my info again thinking that there was a form she needed to fill out and proceeds to offer me a 10.00 bar voucher. I was insulted at the thought that she felt a 10.00 bar voucher was the solution to this. I simply placed it back on her pad and again asked that her manager call me in the morning - seeing how she was the one stating that no manager was on duty.
Again, I thought this was over and back to my card playing, I'm not sure how much time passed but another interruption to our table by a gentleman that introduced himself as the Casino shift manager accompanied by two security guards.
Wow, I thought I'm getting kicked out! God forbid I ask some one to call me.
This gentleman proceeds to tell me that he is there because I threw the bar managers 10.00 voucher in her face- I did no such thing! I simply put it back on her pad and asked for the phone call. There are at least 6 other witness to confirm this.
I can not believe how important it was for him to help ruin our evening, by the way no one ever said "sorry" till I stated that it would have been nice if some one said gee we're sorry about all this" so at least I finally got "I'm sorry" out of some one.
This was around 2:45 am so I was done and picked up my chips and called it a night.
If Caesars calls this entertainment they better pack up and try something new, because it was far from that and being told that I threw something into the bar managers/ womans face is just wrong.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank racerbrown
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Caesars is certainly an impressive hotel/casino. It's as close to a Vegas experience as you can get in the Detroit area. The rooms are very nice offering a fairly short walk to the casino through their expansive lobby.

The casino itself is huge. Tons and tons of slots (of course), but they don't skimp on table games either. The poker room is large and very nice with a very accommodating staff.

Detroit casinos can have some customers that are, well, odd, dirty... possibly homeless. One thing that I enjoyed about Caesars Windsor was that this element was almost nonexistent.

While there, I only ate at the buffet, which was a little disappointing. There were plenty of options, but for $25.99 I expected better quality. I was able to get a good meal, but I felt that my quality options were limited. The desert bar was very nice with lots of good options!

The only other negative (for an American) was the need for currency conversion. This fluctuates, of course, I was able to exchange $1 (USD) for $1 (CAD). When I cashed-out, I exchanged $1 (CAD) for $0.9625 (USD). That's the nature of currency conversion and not the fault of the casino, but I couldn't help but to think that I played at a 3.75% disadvantage... because I did.

All-in-all, Caesars Windsor was a great experience!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AWittyMoniker
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 25 January 2011

my husband and i stayed over night and was happy with our nice clean room.not happy with the sevice charge for a simple thing like a can of pop. they wanted to charge me 3.00 and then a service charge of 6.00 . just for a can of pop. i told them to forget it. if i was in the united states they would have brought me a whole case for that price. beer and food is way over priced. slot machines are way too tight , you never hear any of them going off with people winning. i no i have donated alot. it is better to stay in a casino in the us. at least the beer is cheap.....would not stay here again

2 Thank hotstuff93
blackjacknut
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We visit Caesars Windsor about every other month. This is our "home" casino away from Las Vegas. This is the only casino that has that Las Vegas feel to us. We always have a comp'd stay at Caesars, the staff, dealers and casino personnel are very friendly and accommodating. The Premium Augustus Tower rooms are the best, the beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We always like to get a 25th floor Premium room as they have floor to ceiling windows and amazing views. I highly recommend this casino if you have not given it a try do so, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Walkerville
Comfort Suites Downtown
Comfort Suites Downtown
#7 of 35 in Windsor
City Centre
Travelodge Hotel Downtown Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!