“What you would except from the Hilton's!”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 27 March 2012

You're not mistaking by going there. Breakfast is lovely, rooms are quiet and very comfy, pool is clean. Its 5 minutes away from the bridge to the US and 5 minutes from the boardwalk to see a view of Detroit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie G

Reviewed 3 February 2012

My Husband and I had to stay here on the way down to florida as well as on the way back. On the way down we got a King room that short changed us on towels..We didnt call down to get more as it was 1 am and we were dog tired. The room was $125 on a Thursday. On the way back I went in to get a room. I was quite shocked at the room rate for a Tuesday. It was over $150 for one night. I told him the problem we had on our last visit and he said "You should have called down to get some" I explained that it was very late and we just went to sleep. I was thinking why would I have to call down anyway. There should have been the right amount in the first place. He didnt even appologise. I have been in many Hampton Inns and Suites and this one though clean was not up to the standard of customer service that I have always been treated with. I was told by the rep at the desk that if I didnt like the rates I could try Comfort Inn up the road as they offer $100 rooms. I asked if he could do a wee bit better on that rate and said that was all he could do..Fine no problem. I just didnt appreciate the way he said it. I did stay there as Hampton is clean and again we were tired. I was asked if I had a laptop I said No and he pointed me to a Tall Unit off to the side of the place where you get breakfast. Inside the unit was a computer..In the middle of the hotel it was not private or comfortable. All the other Hamptons have a private business room with more than one computer. I just feel that being business oriented as the rep said, there should have a better business area and I felt that his people skills could have been better as well. There was a lady there working with him and she was fantastic..I wish I could have dealt with her..

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shaesgrammi
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Your typical nice Hampton with furnishings that are slightly sub-par (for a Hampton). Beer store next door, which is nice, except the hotel inexplicably does not have bottle openers. I stay here often. 7/10

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bensagle
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Check in was a nightmare. One person on duty to deal with people checking in and answering the telephone. There was a problem with my reservation (their fault completely, not mine) and due to the person's inexperience it took me longer than it's ever taken me to check into a hotel - we were exhausted and didn't want to stand there forever while the front desk person sorted it out.

I was handed a welcome letter from the hotel manager - I told the front desk person to please let the manager know I wasn't happy about my check in experience - I never heard a word of apology from the hotel management. I filled out an on-line survey that Hampton Inn sent me after my stay letting them know about my difficulties, and again no apology.

Breakfast was okay. The first morning the breakfast items were not refilled in a timely manner, therefore many of the items were missing when we were attempting to eat our breakfast. Not a lot of choice in the hot items - they have hot trays for 4 items but they just fill up the trays with the same foods.

Coffee available all the time in the lobby which is nice, but unfortunately they don't offer cream or milk, just a sugary liquid cream substitute which was really horrible (and I'm not really fussy about coffee). We ended up buying our own milk.

The room itself was clean and quiet - we were on a high floor at the back of the hotel. It was a room with 2 beds, and really had no where to sit and visit which was awkward. There was a desk chair and one other chair pushed to the side of the desk. Other than that we were sitting on the beds. I did see into a couple of the king rooms and they were much larger with a very nice looking sitting area.

The room itself smelled very strongly of something - we never figured it out for sure but think it was likely either new carpeting or the carpet had recently been cleaned. The smell was offensive enough that we had planned to visit with someone one evening in our room but ended up going out because they couldn't stand the smell in the room.

The beds were extremely firm - too hard for me but of course that is a personal preference - others may like a hard bed. I didn't sleep well on it though. The elevator was the slowest ever - pretty much everyone who was waiting or on an elevator with us commented on the incredibly slow elevators.

There was a large group in the hotel the same time as us - some sort of kids sports team I believe. Other than there not being anyplace to sit and visit in the lobby because it was so busy, the teams were never a bother thankfully.

Free internet (ethernet) was nice, but it would be nice to have wifi available in the rooms as well.

Overall I was sorry that I chose this hotel for our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the back to avoid the truck noises from the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ktowntravllr
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We love our Hampton Inns. We had a great stay with some Internet lag in the afternoon evenings and the worlds slowest elevator! We felt at home there with friendly staff and good amenities.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed here with our hockey team. The staff are friendly and treated our families well. We paid to rent a meeting room for the kids to play in and after having been told our kids were not allowed, the mix-up was sorted and fixed promptly. We also had a personal request not to be disturbed with the cleaning people at all, and that was taken care of also. It's less work for them, so why not?
I would recommend requesting a back room as the front windows in no way block any truck noise out and this can keep you up at night. The breakfast was fine, nothing too great. The breakfast foyer is very good for adults wanting a break from the kids in the evening. There are lounge chairs and a fireplace which added to a nice break away to chat with friends in a larger space than a hotel room. There is also a pool which was small but adequate. Internet in the rooms are free with a code.

Room Tip: Pick a back room, not a noisy front room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed in king-rooms--a good size. Breakfast was included--the hot items were not great, but the fruit, juice muffins and bagels were fine. The hotel was full of minor hockey players particpating in a tournament. This resulted in a bit of noise in the corridors, although it quieted down before it got too late, and as we have done our share of away tournaments, a little extra noise was not going to bother us even through we were not part of the tournament group. Staff at the hotel said they were busy most weekends with hockey and baseball tournaments, so this might not be the best choice for a quite weekend away. The indoor pool is a real plus for travelling teams.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family