“Comfortable, clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable, clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked 3 rooms for family to stay in. Our king size bed suites were spacious with a microwave and fridge. Bathrooms were clean. Really comfortable beds. Breakfast was alright with new hot items every day.

I read other reviewers' issues with the noise so we asked for rooms in the back. We were able to sleep in almost every morning from the quiet.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Oro-Medonte, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here recently on a business trip. The lobby and reception was nice, however the room was tired and the furniture a bit beat up. There is no fridge in the room, and also no restaurant on site or room service, all features that as a frequent business traveller are very important to me. I have to say the complimentary breakfast was nice and of better quality than most however not enough to make up for the shabby room and no restaurant/room service. The Holiday Inn across the street had an excellent restaurant - I'll stay there next time instead.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights this past weekend. The hotel is clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool is small, but also kept tidy and the water temperature is good, not too cold. Breakfast is included and is served in the main lobby. For a complimentary breakfast the selection was excellent- many hot and cold items to choose from and the hot items changed daily. The hotel is very close to the border, outlet shopping, malls and restaurants and conveniently has a Tim Horton's right across the street. Overall, would recommend this hotel. The only thing that was missing that would have made the stay even better would have been a mini fridge in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Don't get this review wrong. It is a very nice hotel. What you would expect from a Hilton Hotel, but because this hotel is right on the road going towards the Windsor/Detroit border there is a constant flow of transport trucks all through the night. I immediately thought to ask for a room on the opposite side of the road, but was told they were sold out(I know they were not because I was able to go through the motions of booking a room on line that night). Anyway, I was told it is much quieter on the weekends. Outright lie!! My daughter and I did not sleep a wink. The next morning I went to the front desk again and complained about it and spoke to the Manager(Suki). She was very nice and found me a room on the other side. We had the perfect sleep that night probably because we had not slept the night before. As I said, it is a nice hotel, but make sure if you are a light sleeper to ask for the opposite side or you will be sorry. This rating is for the one horrible night I had. If I rate it on the room I had on the opposite side the second night, I would give it an overall 4 rating.

Room Tip: Choose room on opposite side of front of the hotel. Away from the main road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne S
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel lobby was clean and organized. Front desk staff were polite and efficient. Cable TV was unreliable but room was clean and confortable. Checkout was excellent with no issues. Overall good stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I really appreciated the gouvrn. rate even during weekend, it save my team money and allowed us to have more people come to this Windsor business trip. I would have enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, but I need to leave at 5:45am and it only opens at 6am so I had to pay for my breakfast at another location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hotel was clean and well taken care of. Arrived on a Friday night and were greeted with wine tasting &complimentary cookies for the kids - Breakfast was decent. Saturday was a different story. We were on the first floor. The people that had the room above us obviously had no intentions of sleeping. Every footstep, laughing etc. could be heard as if it were in your room. I am a heavy sleeper and even I became annoyed at 1am, 2am 3am etc. We fell asleep agitated from sheer exhaustion, not because they ever stopped whatever it was they were doing up there. I would have marked the hotel higher but based on the poor sound isolation you are gambling in hopes you don't get rowdy neighbors. Didn't have a noise issue with adjacent rooms, but definitely heard every last thing from above.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor else risk hearing every movement from those above you
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family