“a breath of fresh air”

Comedy Quarry at Rockhead Pub
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SHOWTIMES - Friday 9pm Saturday 8pm and 1030pm Windsor, Ontario's Premiere Comedy Club. Bringing you a better atmosphere, level of talent, food & drink than any other comedy establishment in Windsor-Essex. Founded by Canadian comedian Josh Haddon, Comedy Quarry prides itself on bringing in different, world-class acts every week. A night out at this comedy club is perfect for a date night, private parties and even fundraisers. The Comedy Quarry is also host to the Border City Comedy Fest each year. Not only is this the best Windsor comedy festival, it also boasts the biggest cash prize competition in Canada. It is like Last Comic Standing, but LIVE here in Windsor. The Rockhead Pub, which is attached the Comedy Quarry is open daily from 3PM to 2AM. Come on by and try our delicious menu items or one of our 11 beers on tap. Comedy Quarry - 'Never The Same Show, Always The Same Great Time.' .
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 14 November 2013

You get to a certain age where bars are a terrible idea. Some people reach that decision sooner than others, and some dont reach it at all. As a 31 year old, I dont want to sit in a loud bar and shout at my friends while drinking beers that are so marked up, they might as well have come from an African mine and set in a little golden ring as an expression of love.

Ive been to the Quarry a few times, and I have to say it is so refreshing to go out for an evening of entertainment that doesnt involve loud techno music or crummy cover bands. Going out for an evening of standup comedy always gives me a great story around the old watercooler come monday morning (even if, or especially, if there was a comedian that didnt do well)

I have actually left there with my spirits raised, as the couple hours of laughing seems almost therapeutic.

The drinks are reasonably priced, the food is fantastic, the staff is friendly and courteous, and the comedy club is a much needed venue for something a little bit different in Windsor

I would highly reccomend this place even over the other comedy club in town who's name I cant remember, as there are only so many times you can hear that Leo guy do the same jokes over and over again

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"blast"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I now make it a point to come here at least once a month, great time with friends or as a date! Be sure to book before hand, they tickets typically sell fast!!

1  Thank 102,020
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The rock head comedy quarry is probably the most interesting thing in the city. There's not much to do on Windsor, unless you're into the bar/club scene. The comedy quarry always has new faces. Everytime I've been I've been practically doubled over laughing. The audio quality is incredible, the host is hilarious, and for the price you can't go wrong. I'd definitely recommend it. If you're bored on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night, catch a show there!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Walking past it and was told a show was just starting, said why not and went in. Spent the next 90 minutes roaring in laughter! Lived here 6 years, never knew Windsor had comedians of this level!