“Excellent independent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Southern Ontario
“Excellent independent hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Everything was excellent. We had a king bed room with a kitchen including cooktop, microwave and bar fridge. Obviously recently renovated. A small table with 2 chairs was a nice addition. Sitting area with couch and TV that was visible from the bed as well.

Bed was comfy, pillows good and the AC worked perfectly. The bathroom was recently renovated and spotless. Towels thick and fluffy.

The breakfast was continental including instant porridge, very fresh bagels, English muffins, bananas, oranges, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, tea, I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

The front desk staff were very friendly, home style friendly if you know what I mean. In a big
chain you sometimes feel that people are doing the customer service thing. Here they were genuine.

Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lachner12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Not a huge hotel so there aren't 100 kids running the halls. They made us feel welcome by putting our team name on the front sign. Rooms are very clean and well kept and upgraded. Staff is friendly and professional. They have a nice continental breakfast which was just fine for us. Gilligan's restaurant is attached to the hotel and we had a nice team meal after our last Saturday game. Lots of fast food and shopping close by. They let the team use one of the meeting rooms downstairs Saturday night which the parents enjoyed. A much better stay at a much cheaper price than most hotels in the area. Would recommend this to ANY kids sports team. All parents gave it a thumbs up. Only negative is no pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fill A
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The entire hotel feels like it was recently redone. The interior has a clean modern feel. The hotel has two floors. I did not see an elevator. All the rooms have an interior entrance. When I arrived late the night I stayed, I had to park on the back side of the property. A room key was required to enter the building. The rooms have a metal key. Electronic locks were not noted. The hotel offers a continental breakfast with the usual items. There is also a restaurant on site which I did not dine at. My room was quiet and very clean. There was a girl's softball team staying there and not a peep was heard from them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank woosusan
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is a wonderful alternative to the large skyscraper options. Smaller and very friendly. All rooms have been updated and include top quality beds and pillows. Very clean and stylish decor. Lots of parking and restaurant/bar on site. Very nicely priced as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank EllieMae0
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a jacuzzi suite based off of reviews and pictures on their website.

Was disappointed to discover the jacuzzi suites have not been updated. Old furniture, linens and microwave/mini fridge in room barely worked. Also, there was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion in our room upon arrival. I believe the website should state that not all rooms are updated as the pictures can be very misleading!

In addition, the lady at the front desk was particularly rude and I did mention my complaints when we checked out.

The owner of the hotel was so disappointed that we did not enjoy our stay that he offered us to come back free of charge at the end of August once the jacuzzi rooms are updated free of charge!! That's what I call good business!!

Will update and review that stay as well.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dana A
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were in the process of moving out of the city and needed a hotel for one night after our furniture was loaded on a moving van and before I flew out. I requested an early check-in and the staff were very accommodating. The rooms have been renovated recently. They are spacious, clean and comfortable. There is a large fridge in every room and 32 inch flat screen TV. I noticed laundry facilities on the first floor for guests. We ate in Gilligan's restaurant attached to the hotel which was very good.
The best feature of the room was the large walk-in shower and hair dryer which were both better than the ones I have. The WIFI worked great. The staff were very helpful. I did not have the continental breakfast which was included in the price of the room but it looked quite nice. I would definitely recommend the hotel and stay here again if I return to Windsor.

Room Tip: We had room 117 and 118. Which were both fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, ON
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the Stonecroft Inn on a spur of the moment trip to Windsor. Didn't want to spend $400-$500 Caesars was asking so looked on Trip Advisor and saw the high rating so thought I'd give it a try. Really glad I did as this little spot was a pleasant surprise. The property has an old school motor inn type feel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was nicely decorated with a very comfortable bed with cozy soft sheets and duvet. Also liked the upgraded, walk-in shower and plush white towels. The continental breakfast was an added plus although it had a limited selection (toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt). Final bill including tax was $106 which was pretty reasonable. Overall it was a great spot for last minute find.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple