“Great Service and Good Food”

Claddagh Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 242 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: THE ISLANDS ONLY YEAR-ROUND OYSTER BAR WITH FRESH LOBSTER TANK.Featuring more than just the best available oysters from PEI, the Claddagh Oyster House is a warm, contemporary dining room located within an historic building in downtown Charlottetown.A Constantly changing menu that features the freshest seafood, premium Island beef, chicken, pasta and more - combined with our extensive wine selections are sure to please.THE CLADDAGH OYSTER HOUSE - MORE THAN JUST GREAT OYSTERS!!
Georgetown, Texas
“Great Service and Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We ended up here after walking out of another restaurant that evening. It was an anniversary dinner for us and our first choice was not going well so we bailed on it.

From the moment we walked in (with no reservations by the way) we were welcomed and everyone there worked to make our dinner special.

It started out with some fabulous cheddar biscuits. They were so good we asked our server Cathy if she had the recipe (we won't be competing with them from Texas) and she gladly emailed it to us the next day. My wife decided on the 1 1/2 lb. lobster and it was about 50% larger than a lobster supposedly the same size we had elsewhere. It was cooked perfectly. I had a beef tenderloin that was moist, tender and well seasoned. Both meals had good sides that were well done as well. The wine selections were modest at best but we found some good choices.

When we return to Charlottetown, this will certainly be a spot we re-visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Golfnutts

Halifax, Canada
“More hit than miss.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stopped in with my husband on a Tuesday night. Cozy spot with really good service.
Oysters on the half shell were excellent and the server could talk about them and where they came from.

Fried oysters with beef tartare was a bit disappointing - the tartare was so overdressed that the meat had no chance to shine...just drowning. Two of the three fried oysters were good - briny and crisp - the third was a salt bomb.

My husband's steak was a thing of beauty. Cooked very rare, not cold inside, very tender. His only complaint was that the plates could be warmed to help a dish like this from cooling off to quickly. I had a lobster risotto, which in fairness could be relabelled lobster and cream in rice - but who cares what it was called? the lobster was plentiful and the dish was delicious.

The sticky date pudding was just about the best traditional pudding I have ever had. Amazing.

Overall a great night and we'd definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014
Maine
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We were really looking forward to our dinner at Claddagh, but the food certainly did not live up what we read on Trip Advisor. A drink with no discernible liquor, fried oysters that were so highly salted as to be inedible, and a very small serving of lobster risotto which was lacking much lobster and filled with stringy cheese made our meal much less than what we expected.

The service was good and they took 10% due to our dissatisfaction, but that was no substitute for good food.

Visited August 2014
“Little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a simple hamburger and fries. Walked by the Claddagh House and decided to get their pattie burgar. Much to my surprise it was seasoned with no mention in the menu. I just wanted a simple burger. They were very kind, took it off my bill, and did everything they could to make it right. Might try them again

Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“An amazing dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My partner and I came to Claddagh Oyster House for an early dinner during our vacation in early October 2013. This was the best full meal we had during our week long trip!

We decided to share a local beer (you can never go wrong with local!) and start with an oyster each. Neither of us had ever had oysters before and so we asked our server to give us some advice, she recommended an oyster and told us how to properly eat them (things to do and do not do) and after we ate them all the staff burst into applause (we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time). We then shared the lobster risotto and it was the most amazing risotto I have ever had.

For the mains my partner had the Glalway Bay and I had a mixed seafood dish that is no longer on the menu. Mine was pretty good, but his was amazing!

For dessert we shared the chocolate fudge brownie and the sticky date pudding. Now, I'm a bit of a dessert buff and love to bake and try all kinds of sweets and the chocolate fudge brownie with the roasted peanuts and salted peanut butter was the most amazing dessert I have ever had in my life. I never wanted it to end! My partner feels the same way but about the sticky date pudding!

However if I do have one constructive comment, I wish the staff weren't talking about their personal lives so loudly right new to our table. I understand we were the only people in the restaurant for a while, but it really took the atmosphere down a notch for us until other customers came in and it become more difficult for them to talk.

• Visited October 2013