“Very Good!”

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Garland, Texas
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We ended up eating here twice (different dishes).
The Fish and Chips seemed pretty authentic to me (I grew up in Great Britain so should be a reasonable critic).
Service was good and the quality good.
Price was better at "Skip's" in Summerside.

1 Thank Hedley007

Garland, Texas, United States
“A Taste of Home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Garth is from England. We HAD to try Brits before we left PEI. He found a funky, English-style pub decor with decent service. He also found (in his words) the most "authentic" taste of home in fish & chips this side of the Atlantic!
The price was not too steep (but still more than Skip's in Summerside) and the portion size excellent.
On this same visit, I had the curried veggies with basmati rice and the curry sauce was rich and spicy (I like it spicy).
If ever in Charlottetown again, will definitely return!

1 Thank Lynn R
Ayr, Canada
“Good fish and chips and beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were going to have dinner at an upscale fish restaurant but decided to eat at Brits Fish and Chips and save a bit of money.

It's an interesting place and the food is pretty good. It's not the best fish and chips I've had but it was quite good. What I liked about this place is that they offer much more than just fish and chips. I had a bowl of chowder and it was tasty and quite filling. My one piece of haddock and chips was large. In fact, because I had the chowder I couldn't finish the fish. I was stuffed.

Our server was friendly and helpful. The washroom could have been a bit cleaner.

• Visited September 2013
“Fish and chip not very good.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

The fries were old (not freshly cooked) and the fish was slimy inside. This is not how it should be. The staff was friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Humboldt, Canada
“Delicious Fish and Chips; one of the best I've had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The fish and chips that they are renown for were delicious! They also have a gluten-free fish and chips, which was great for the person I was with. Great place to eat! Though with no air conditioning, was a hot place on a hot day (though they came along with the ice water frequently :) )

• Visited July 2013