“Quaint and Comfortable”

Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
St. Augustine, Florida
“Quaint and Comfortable”
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My host greeted me upon arrival and showed me around the home. The home is pleasing from the outside. It is across from a park. 3 or 4 blocks (5-8min) from the waterfront and all the action. The location was perfect. My room was mid-sized with a daybed. The bed was a full or queen and very comfortable. Breakfast which was continental was served promptly at 8am. Breakfast included muffins, scones, cereal or oatmeal, toast , jelly or jam and tea or coffee and or juice.

There were 2 rooms on my side of the house with a shared bath, and 2 rooms on the other side. The tub was huge. A challenge at first going in and out. But OK after the initial trial. I came and left out freely being mindful of my noise level. The floors creek when walking-- so, step lightly. There is a day room / TV room on the first level with cable. A kitchen with microwave for the guest to use. A quaint home with embroidery and mementos everywhere.

This was my first experience with a bed and breakfast, and I was not disappointed. My host was very accommodating . My experience was memorable...The only thing I would change is having a private bath. I felt safe in PEI and at the B&B. I was given 2 keys (bedroom and house) and freedom to come and go. I would recommend this place to anyone, old and young.

A good location to eat is at the corner of Water and Prince street ($), which is the name of the restaurant. The locals and tourist eat there. Plus the price is reasonable. Gahan ($-$$), Fishbone's ($-$$) and Sims($$-$$$) are also a great places to eat .

Yes, I plan on returning to PEI and Heart's Content B&B.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank RSVPTravel
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
In prime downtown locations like mine, the price of a room with private bath starts at $100 a night and goes up. The cost for this guest in a room with a queen size bed and bathroom shared with one couple across the hall (who had their own vanity in the room) was $50 (CAN) per night, breakfast included. I am happy to offer private bath to guests willing to pay more.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Okanagan/BC
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Heart's Content is truely a part of Charlottetown's history. At 149 years old it still has all the comforts of home. With mostly period furnishing you feel you may have stepped back in time. Heart's Content is comfy and has a great location. We did find the bathroom a bit tight. My husband is 6'4" and found it awkward, but it still did the trick. The outside appearance had yet to receive its spring blooms, so was a bit scary on first impression. But what it lacked in beauty, Joan made up in conversation. Joan is a sweetheart, always a cheery hello or good morning even when under the weather.

Thank you again Joan.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Prince George
Reviewed 11 January 2009

What to say about Hearts Content?
Firstly, Joan is the sweetest most wonderfully kindhearted person ever!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this B&B mostly because it was close to many activities and because you couldn't get a better price then the one she offered.

Joan and I bonded almost instantly over numerous emails before we even checked in. She is very helpful in giving ideas as to tour groups or services, what to do and where to go, and especially renting a car.

We decided that with our rented car we would tour the entire island breaking it up into three days. Each day before we headed out Joan told us on the map the special little places to go and what to do.

The breakfast in the morning was absolutely wonderful! The scones are amazing!

Joan takes wonderful care of her garden in the backyard which offers plenty of sitting space to sit and relax with a good book.

I especially loved the little poems she wrote and left around the place to let us know about cleaning up the bathroom after you use it, the funny light switch etc.

I cannot say enough about the amazing beauty of this B&B and Joan!

• Liked — Joan and her Scones!
  • Disliked — Having to leave! (All of us were a little teary eyed)
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank funguest
Calgary
Reviewed 31 August 2008

A friend and I stayed at Joan's B&B on Aug. 17th & 18th of this year and loved every minute of our stay there. The rooms were Victorian in style, clean, large and comfortable. Joan was more than accommodating and very helpful. She's worked hard to make it nice and given that it's so affordable, we would go back in a heartbeat. Nice location, close to Founders Hall and the wharf, lots of great restaurants and shopping. Highly recommend a stay here. Although our weather was cloudy and rainy, we got to see the garden, which offers many places to sit ... very peaceful and lovely. We loved all of PEI, the people, the locale, the views ... and can't wait to go back. Check out Heart's Content B&B and enjoy your stay - you won't be disappointed!

Stayed August 2008
Calgary
Reviewed 22 August 2008

A friend and I stayed at the Hearts Content B & B for two nights and were very impressed by both the owner Joan and the accommodations. Hearts Content is located on a quiet side street just blocks away from the waterfront. Within a twelve block area is everything you for an enjoyable stay. Confederation Center, Founders Hall, lot's of shopping, restaurants and sightseeing all within this area. We had rented a car so can't say how the city transportation is. The B&B is located in two houses which are now one each side has two bedrooms and one bath which is shared and a guest kitchen and two living rooms. There is a lovely garden and lots of places to sit out in the good weather. During our stay all the guests were friendly and very interesting and we lingered too long over breakfast as a result. Breakfast is included muffins, scones, juice, ceral and coffee or tea. Nicely done but missed fruit, yogurt etc after the first day. The rooms are decorated in a Victorian feel and were spacious and homey with loads of storage and chairs. Joan is a wonderful hostess.

• Liked — Friendly hostess, great location, large room.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 March 2009
At Heart's Content, guests are encouraged to bring fruit, yogurt or any other of their favourite breakfast items to the table to enjoy along with the muffins, scones, cereals that are included in the cost per night (under $55 US). By supplying a hearty but basic breakfast I am able to keep my rates very reasonable. I have considered offering supplements like yogurt and fruit, but at an additional charge for those who request them. Not everyone wants a big breakfast in the morning - but they can eat to their heart's content from what is provided.
Joan Cumming