“Husband is still licking his lips....”

Water Prince Corner Shop and Lobster Pound
Ranked #5 of 242 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Winnipeg, Canada
“Husband is still licking his lips....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Recommended to us by the individual at reception at our B & B, we decided we would go for a walk to check the place out as a "maybe" for dinner. It really is an indistinct building that looks more like a boutique from the outside but inside it was hopping. We were met by smiling faces and were able to reserve for dinner at 8:00 for the two of us (on a Sunday). Our server was very friendly and politely attentive. My husband raved about the mussels. We waited an hour for our meal, the only drawback, but the food was delicious. My husband had a 1 1/4 lb lobster and I had halibut. Delicious!

• Visited June 2014

Ocala,Florida, U.s.
“Great, fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Had to have a reservation, the place was crowded the entire time we were there. We had a bowl of PEI mussels, done perfectly, as was the scallops and fried clams. Server was polite and friendly. Food in General is expensive in Canada, but when cooked perfectly, is worth the price.

Visited June 2014
Ponce Inlet, FL
“It Really is a Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We saw this place at the beginning of our horse drawn carriage ride around the city. I thought it was a general store. When our tour ended we asked our guide where was the best lobster roll in Charlottetown. She said right back there at Water Prince. I would not have gone there for lunch but we decided to give it a try. It is within walking distance of the cruise ship terminal. She was right the food was outstanding and the service was fast and friendly. The seafood chowder is probably the best I've ever had (I don't say that often) and I probably should have ordered more. My wife had the lobster roll, and although not the best she has ever had is was very good. I had a scallop sandwich, never had one before. I looked at it and was a little disappointed - it only had 4 scallops on it. The disappointment went away while eating it. It was very tasty and 4 scallops on the sandwich was plenty. We ate outside, the tables and chairs were a little wobbly but the weather was perfect. The place filled up quickly for lunch. We saw others enjoying whole lobster, everyone seemed to like their meal. We enjoyed our lunch and recommend you give Water Prince a try.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Chowder!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a tiny little place, jbut excellent. We managed to get in without a reservation, but that was just sheer lucky timing. Service is friendly and fast, food is excellent. We both had the cup of Seafood Chowder and Fish & Chips. If I had known how good the chowder would be, I would definitely have gone for the larger serving. Fish & Chips were great.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Aileen10
“Sooo GOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner tonight at Water Prince Corner Shop. The fish was fresh and DELICIOUS! ! Bonnie was our server. She has a beautiful smile and is VERY friendly. Don't miss out on this truly PEI dining experience! !

2 Thank Christina S