Things got off to the wrong foot from the start. The first issue arose because the check-in times were not advertised accurately on the booking website. (We arrived at 4:15pm, within the advertised 2-9 pm, to a note on the door that stated that check-in times were 2-4 pm and 7-9pm). We had theatre tickets for that evening. We contacted the hosts promptly and explained the situation. It was discussed that we would check-in after the show ended. However, when we arrived, we were received rather abruptly. Breakfast proved to be just as awkward. We were told our breakfast was at 8. When we arrived, it was difficult to discern who were the other guests and who were the hosts. No one acknowledged us or offered introductions and conversation was very strained. We were treated like children. We are all young professionals (in our late 20's and early 30's) in the public sector and found the interactions and offhand comments very unprofessional and agist.
We did not feel very welcome during our stay and got the distinct impression from the hosts that we were imposing. This was in contrast to service that some of the other guests received. This bed and breakfast lacks the Atlantic hospitality we have come to know.
1) Double-check the check-in time with the hosts to avoid confusion and misadventure
2) Consider carefully before booking here if you are younger. This may be a better place for
families and older couples.
We will not be recommending this bed and breakfast anytime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended & conveniently located on the Trail, 4/10/20/30 minutes to the airport, downtown Charlottetown, PEI beaches & Cavendish. Comfortable describes our 2 rooms with 2 singles, a full bath/shower and sitting room. The B&B also has 2 rooms with doubles on the main floor, 2 baths and sitting room. This is a private bath for a family renting two rooms. Package PEI starts with a tea pot tour of our organic perennial gardens, following with the best tea, scones & cream at Grandma's Tea Room (on premises) ending with a make and take scrapbook event sure to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Beside The Trail Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beside The Trail Bed And Breakfast Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada