“The Best Seafood Chowder on the Island!”
Review of Casa Mia Cafe

Casa Mia Cafe
Ranked #47 of 260 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casa Mia Café serves well-prepared food for breakfast, lunch and supper in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. We're located in the heart of Charlottetown, near major attractions and hotels. We're proud to serve Milano coffee, roasted in Canada: the Milano taste was developed from a century of artisanship in the Italian coffee tradition. And be sure to try our house-made desserts!
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We are regulars when on the Island. Iced coffee, the US-way (not gunked up with too many sweeteners and flavorings), great desserts and a long list of sandwiches (all amazing).

But, for some reason, we had never had their chowder until it was the substitute for the soup of the day. Wow! We had no idea what we were missing. The corn was a nice touch, but the chowder was crammed full of big pieces of halibut, shrimp, lobster and mussels. I mean big pieces, not tiny chopped up slivers like in many other places.

Better still, they are opened year-round!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Food was good & the service was good. went here for breakfast. loved the island sausage & the breakfast sandwich on croissant.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Dropped in for lunch upon our arriving in PEI. Staff was friendly and service was good, all in a casual atmosphere. My wife had the grilled vegetable panini and I had the grilled chicken Caesar wrap, both which were very good.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My mother and I decided to stop and have lunch at Casa Mia's. It was a beautiful day so the deck looked inviting and we had a lovely little table in the corner with an umberella to keep the sun away and a beautiful little flower bed right next to our table, to give the perfect feel of privacy from the cars and people on the street. Our waitress was very friendly and professional and didn't pressure us about taking our time to order and even pushed another table up to ours when our table didn't have enough room for everything. The menu was very impressive but the breakfasts sounded so appetizing that we ordered breakfast and pots of tea. The food looked absolutely delicious when it arrived, everything was cooked perfectly and the portions were on point, not so much food that you couldn't finish it all, but definitely not so little that you would leave feeling hungry no matter how big of an eater you are. I had the Island Country Breakfast which had eggs, bacon, Island sausage, toast, and their famous potato hash. The potato hash was to die for, and everything else was spectacular as well. My breakfast only cost 10.99, which I found to be more than reasonable for how much food I got and the quality of it. I would put it in the ranks of a gourmet breakfast. Our waitress was attentive and checked on us, refilling our water and asking if we needed anything else. My mother, who is the biggest critic of food I've ever known, did not have one negative thing to say about the restaurant, the food, the service or the atmosphere. It was an incredible meal and I will be going back without a doubt AND recommending it to everyone.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I love this coffee shop. Downtown Charlottetown!

Great food, good variety of coffees.

I love the Veggie sandwich!