“Consistently delicious, fresh, high quality food.”

Leonhard's Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 242 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: German, Cafe, European, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Charlottetown, Canada
“Consistently delicious, fresh, high quality food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am a local, and :Leonard's is one of my favorite places for lunch. The soups are beautifully balanced medleys of flavors, served with homemade-style bread, while the sandwiches are fresh, crisp where they should be, high-quality meats are used, and reasonably price. The desserts are a perfect compliment to the lunch (if you have room) and I personally recommend the vanilla roll - so light and fantastic it could make you cry!

The only downside (which made me wish I could give a 4.5 instead of 5) is that sometimes the service can be a little slow at lunch time. The servers are great, very friendly, and usually attentive when they can be, but seem to be covering a wide range of tables, especially at such a busy time.

Other than that, enjoy your time at Leonhard's! I'll be in for my sandwich later.

• Visited October 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, could use customer service course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Only open for lunch and breakfast. Tasty, well prepared food, clean and pleasant decor. That's where the good news ends. When my wife and I arrived, well after the breakfast rush, there was only one larger table vacant. Although several parties were clearly finishing and about to leave, we were refused a table for four and squeezed into a tiny table for two by the washroom. Sure enough, the restaurant emptied out as predicted and there were several larger tables left unoccupied the rest of our meal. To add insult to injury, a couple arriving shortly after us were seated at the very same table I had politely requested. Then it came time to order. I asked for a simple substitution- one half salmon benedict and one half regular instead of both halves the same. The waitress had to ask the owner, and came back with the message that they would grudgingly fulfill my request, BUT ONLY THIS ONE TIME! My God; how difficult can this be? You'd think I'd asked for his kidney!!
In any event, both halves soon arrived and they seemed fresh and were tasty. I must add the caveat that I did have a bit of a stomach upset about 15-20 minutes later. Nothing serious, but it's a good thing our hotel was only a block away.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Ronski766
Charlottetown, Canada
“Quality lunch experience in downtown Charlottetown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am a local and have never been disappointed with my experiences at Leonhard's (brunch or lunch). The breads are always fresh and homemade, the soups flavourful, the mains interesting (capers in the egg salad sandwich, a lovely house mustard vinaigrette on the side salads). There can be a wait given the limited seating but staff is attentive. The decor is sweet, with birch trunks and glass bulbs dangling from the ceiling and a generally white-washed backdrop. I bring out-of-towners here whenever I get the chance!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laura H
“European Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

So nice to stop in here for cake and coffee in the afternoon. The walls are white beadboard and creamy wallpaper which makes for a calming influence. Everything is homemade and locally sourced which is so important nowadays.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alovesrome
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Great lunch stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Axil, the owner and a recent transplant from Germany runs a top notch establishment. We enjoyed huge, tasty, nutritious sandwiches and home made soup. Sit in the window and watch the world go by.

Visited September 2013