“Best place in town for a coffee and a good snack”

Leonhard's Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 255 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: European, German, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I regularly go to Leonhard's and I have to say that this is my favorite location in town. The service is excellent and quick. I had several items from the menu and the meals are very well prepared, taste good and the prices are good as well. And it's nice that the meals come with a healthy and tasty salad.
For my taste they have the best coffee in town, and this applies to a regular as well as the specialty coffees. I would give Leonhard's the label "where the locals go" and for tourists and visitors to Charlottetown it's a highly recommended place to visit (5 stars!).

There are newer reviews for Leonhard's Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I went for lunch yesterday July 2, 2014. We sat outside the restaurant as it was the only table available; as for the other couple sitting outside as well, we were ignored. It took awhile for a waitress to take our order and then it took 33 minutes to get a sandwich/salad. When the food was delivered, we complained about the long wait and the waitress said "another couple inside is angry too about the long wait and I'm trying to avoid them". No apology, While the salad was good, my bread was toasted too much so it left a burnt taste in my mouth. My husband's bread was barely buttered and on top was the shaved meat and 2 soft boiled eggs - no mayonnaise or other sauce - not much taste. We NEVER saw a waitress again - no water top up, no asking "how is your meal", no "would you like dessert?", no "are you ready for your bill?". We paid inside at take out counter without a bill and left. Nice atmosphere and we were fortunate to park out front, but we'd NEVER go back.

3  Thank Maritimers810
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My partner and I went for a late breakfast at Leonhard's, per the good reviews we saw it had and we LOVED it. The atmosphere and decor alone were absolutely wonderful, bustling, cozy, but bright and full of nice wooden decor, comfy chairs and benches, and decorated with fresh flowers on the table. There aren't TOO many options on the menu but if you're looking for a sit down breakfast and are fine with french toast, eggs, toast, or their (delicious) fresh squeezed orange juice, it's the right place. The service was super friendly and all the waitresses joked with us and were very accommodating and attentive, that being said they would have let us lounge there long after we were done. We also got drinks to go at their counter and eyed the delicious fresh sandwiches and desserts available. Definitely would recommend this place, a gem in the town for sure!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Super comfortable, nice choices and lovely service, though it can become somewhat noisy, just because folks are having a grea ttime.

Thank Sandra LJ Irela... I
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Sandwiches are awesome, had the salmon ciabatta sandwich which had a warm salmon filet in it. The vanilla roll is the best I have ever had. Don't miss this place.

1  Thank GFE1234