“Awesome Seafood Chowder, Service Slow”
Review of Globe World Flavors - CLOSED

Globe World Flavors
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome Seafood Chowder, Service Slow”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My girlfriend and I and some other friends met at Globe for dinner after touring Charlottetown. It's along Victoria Row, a nice old narrow street near the downtown. We chose to dine at Globe as there were performers from the TD Jazz festival performing directly across from the outdoor seating of the restaurant.
Our party ordered a number of items off the menu. The portions were reasonable and the food was tasty. The seafood chowder I ordered was delicious, it had ample amounts of seafood, few potatoes and was rich and creamy. Other members of our party had mussels and nachos and indicated that their meals were tasty and fresh. We found the prices to be a tad higher than some other restaurants we'd eaten at in the Maritimes.
The jazz musicians across the street were great too.
The only negative aspect of our visit was that service was quite slow. It wasn't that busy when we first arrived but got busier through the evening. However, our service was slow right from the start.

Toronto
“A great choice”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We walked along this pedestrian roadway checking the various restaurants and decided on the Globe as they had a gluten free menu. The four of us chose a different plate and we were all highly satisfied. I'd recommend this restaurant. I had mussels which were great. Most impressive was our waitress who took our 4 orders for food and drink without writing anything down. The food was presented in the correct order - I was soo impressed.

Halifax, Canada
“Good Food Great Service”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent service and good food.
The Globes service was the best I have received in Charlottetown by far.
The Caribbean mussels were excellent.

• Visited August 2013
“Great service, very good food, nice town!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stopped in Charlottetown after a vacation in PEI and popped into the Globe based on Internet reviews and a recommendation from a local we met along the way. It is on Victoria Row and has a nice patio - we were cold and decided to eat inside. Turns out it was cooler inside but fine.

Host, waitress and 2nd waiter who took our order (main waitress was busy) were all nice. We ordered two soup/sandwich combos - one steak sandwich and soup of the day and one chowder and burger, and a kids fish and chips (half caesar half fries) and a roasted rosemary chicken sandwich with bacon and a caesar salad.

So the food came reasonably quickly, and they accidentally switched the kids fish and chips for a kids chicken fingers - woops - when I mentioned it they offered to reorder or bring a side of fish. It wasn't the end of the world and our son likes chicken fingers so we just stuck with what we had.

Food was great, the "Best chowder in the world" was not, but it was very good! Burger patty could have been a bit more tender (over pressing/packing the patty I think) but the fixins were delicious. My wife enjoyed her steak sandwich and soup, although the soup was a cream of tomato which was very rich/thick. We prefer a slightly thinner cream of tomato but it was still tasty. My other two sons liked their meals very much too.

The staff comped the mis-order ($6) and we were out of there for about $70 with a decent tip at the end of the day. Great service, solid food.

P.S. Ask about the kids menu they don't have it printed but are very accommodating!

Melrose, Florida
“Best mussels ever!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I must say by far the best mussels I have ever eaten. I ordered the Thai mussels and my husband ordered the Caribbean mussels. The Thai mussels a little on the spicy side but no complaints as I love spicy food. We also ordered the Potato Martini ($9.95) and we added lobster ($7.00). We took advantage of the half price mussels from 2:00 to 4:00. I did feel the Potato Martini a little pricey but beautiful presentation in champagne glass and yummy. We loved the bread and strawberry butter. We asked for more and this was provided. The service was excellent. An unexpected plus was music across the street for enjoyment during lunch. A great dining experience.