On approx June 20 we reserved a room for July 8 & 9th to attend Cavenish Beach Music Festival 2011. 2 weeks later I noticed my visa was debited for 1 night, I called was told they sometimes do that when demand is high to confirm the room.On July 8 at 11am I arrived at the front desk ,Tracy Feehanlooked my reservation up told me I was too early but my room would be ready after the festival. At 12.30 we returned , the night clerk said there was no record of me in the system. I then gave my confirmation , she said I booked for June 21 & they charged a no show. After arguing I finally got a room at 1:30am . BWestern discounted to $129 instead of $179 for a dumpy room in the basement (see photos).A very arguementive staff did not want to refund their mistake ( 1 night -179 + TAXES).I refused to pay the extra charge. I emailed a complaint to Best Western with no response, I the called weeks later & was told to expect a response which I never received. The basement room was dirty , torn bedspead, door not shutting in bathroom, moldy tiles in tub, see dehumidifier. Why could they find my reservation earier in the day but not at night, obviously they sold my room to another customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, with its great downtown location, is a wonderful choice for your travelling requirements. Close to Charlottetown's many restaurants, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Founders Hall, water front attractions, Province House, Confederation Court Mall, Holland College Campus, Government offices, Charlottetown's Festival grounds, hiking and bicycling trails, all that can be reached with a leisurely walk from this City center hotel. As well you will enjoy a pleasant stay in our clean, comfortable facility with many amenities such as indoor heated pool, fitness center, conference center, business center, in house laundry, dry cleaning services and rooms that range from standard hotel rooms to apartment style rooms with full kitchens. If "FREE" is something that you wish to experience, then included in the rates are "FREE" parking, "FREE" WI-FI and a "FREE" hot breakfast that is second to none. The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown's clean and comfortable hotel with our wonderful staff that is friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. Bring your Family to stay with our Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- BEST WESTERN Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada