“Great location & Friendly staff!”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Palm City, Florida
“Great location & Friendly staff!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We had three different flights and a 6 hour drive, so we were desperate for a nice clean bed and a shower! From our initial visit to inquire about a room, the front desk staff was professional and helpful. Our room was clean and well stocked. The decor may be a bit dated, but we don't judge our stay based on that...cleanliness and friendliness are tops on our list. The room was a bit on the high side, but we are going to be camping on the island..so it was worth it to have a warm bed and a swim in the clean warm pool! Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
I would like to thank you for your kinds comments about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you were able to relax after a long journey. I hope you will return to visit us again in the future.
Wayne Cotton, AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was unsure what to expect from this hotel after reading some of the reviews. I have stayed at all BW in Atlantic Canada and this hotel is as good as any. The breakfast bar is perfect, with three lines, hot, cold, and beverages, Perfect!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments. I greatly appreciate that we met your expectations especially during breakfast. I will share with the team your reference to "Perfect".
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Higher priced than other hotels on the Island, Internet doesn't work, things in the room need fixing, cab drivers not always trustworthy from the hotel. It is in the downtown area if that is what you need and you can walk to a few places.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant Genaral Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Our prices are in line with our facility in the City of Charlottetown. We are not the most expensive, nor the least. We do receive many positive comments on our downtown location and the ease at getting to many attractions. I am sorry you did not have a positive experience with the cab company, but we are not associated with any of these companies. I hope you will consider us in the future if you return to Charlottetown,
Wayne Cotton, AGM

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First off, room wasn't cleaned , towels, toilet paper wasn't restocked. Called the front of house multiple times to get someone to at least get us some towels and toilet paper, but to no avail because apparently it is too hard to get up and answer the phone. Went to the front desk and spoke with the lovely front counter attendant and asked why our room wasn't cleaned and if we could at least get some towels and toilet paper.
The toilet paper was thrown over the counter at my girlfriend and I was told that I was bugging her and being belligerent so she was going to call the police and have me kicked out. You can check your security cameras and I hope they have sound so you can hear the exact conversation. You will be able to see by my demeanor that I was asking a simple question in a calm manner, but you'd think I had asked her to go run a marathon or something by her actions. I casually said thank you for your time and I will go back to my room now and left.
The girl was quite large large and had red hair, I'm sure you can figure out who it was. I didn't get her name. Either way your hotel is terrible, rooms are old and smell, I would give you 0 stars if I could for accommodations and especially the service.
If that's your front of the house I would hate to run into the staff that are behind the scenes, but I wouldn't have to worry about that because by the looks of things housekeeping doesn't do anything as far as I could tell. Keep up the great work I'm sure you will have lots of repeat business.

Room Tip: They don't exist, go stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I would like to you to know that I have looked into your comments in great detail. I must disagree with your comments about our staff. We receive many great comments on the professional and pleasant demeanor of our entire team; even the "behind the scenes" staff as you make reference to receive great compliments. As I mentioned I have research your stay and there are many inaccurate statements mentioned. Also there were some additional conversations that you forgot to mention.All this being said; I am sorry for both you and our property that your visit was not pleasant for all parties.
Sicerely,
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our room (215) should probably be taken off the inventory of available rooms! When we first opened the door, my wife thought she smelt cigarette smoke covered up by a heavy dose of room deoderizer. I wasnt certain about the smell, and could only smell the deoderizer, so we didnt say anything and went out to explore the town. Yes, the BW is walkably close to the tourist area so we were close to the activities we wanted to find. We returned after dinnertime, and by then, the covering smell of the deoderizer had disipated, leaving a heavy musty smell behind. Inquiring about possibly changing rooms, I was told they do have a problem with mildew in the hotel but that it was not possible to change rooms because they were booked for the night. A few minutes later they called back our room to offer us a discount for the room as compensation. There were many other deficiencies in this room that point to a problem in their system. For example, the room thermosat is broken and when i opened the cover to try to adjust the room temp, saw it was already at the coldest setting, but the room was still in the low 20's. Finally, turned off the air handler and opened a window; the fresh outside air was cooler and over time, seemed to reduce the musty smell. The bathroom sink did not drain, even when washing hands, so you can imagine what it was like brushing teeth and shaving. This called into question many many questions about how this hotel is operated. Beds were spongy and worse, placing the mini-fridge right between the two double beds (with clock and lamp on top of the fridge) made for a noisy nights sleep as the fridge cycled on and off every few minutes, not to mention an ackward setup. To their credit, the staff tried to be accommodating and provide a good level of service, but at least for this travellor, they are fighting an uphill battle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
I would like to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. Unfortunately some guests do ignore our smoking policy and smoke in our rooms. This carries a very tough and costly consequence. Usually we can remove the odour before another guest enters the room. I am sorry we were not able to do this. I am not certain who would have stated we have problems with mildew as we do not have any problems with that at all. I will investigate the other concerns personnally and I thank you for sharing this with us. I am pleased that you found our staff so accomodating.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We spent two nights here. The location is great and an easy walk to the downtown core.

The staff were extremely helpful and were able to suggest places for us to dine at.

The room was dated and need an overhaul. Clean but a slight musty smell as well as old carpets, and an old window air conditioner,

Complimentary breakfast was a disappointment. There was a line up at the coffee machine because it was an old machine and took for ever to dispense.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I will share with the team the kind words you have expressed. We are in the process of adding anadditional coffee dispenser due to some challenges with a full hotel. This is a brand new dispenser and we did not ealize it would slow down the process, we thought the opposite would happen. I hope you will cinsider staying with us in the future to give us a chance to ezceed your expectations.
Wayne Cotton,AGM
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Very accomodating staff and good value relative to other hotels in the area. Hotel is well located, kitchenette in the suite was servicable but I had to call for dishes. Check-in was poor because the room wasn't ready but was informed they had a wholesale turnover of the rooms that day and they made up for it by crediting my rewards account with some extra points. Breakfast, included in the price was adequate.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that enjoyed the great hospitality of our staff. As you were informed we have been experiencing extremely busy days. With some guests not leaving at the check out time we find ourselves not having enough hours in the day to properly clean some rooms before 3pm check in. I do apologize that you had this experience. I hope you will return in the future to allow us to exceed your expectations.