“Nice location”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Clean and good location. Service was a little spotty for the number of days stay but overall a nice experience. Staff was friendly and being downtown was a bonus. The staff assisted our family plan several day trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to help plan day outings. Many of our guests enjoy the downtown location that we offer. I hope we will see you gagin in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel. The reservation was mixed up but eventually fixed by the front desk. The beds were not made properly, the sheets were not tucked in and were loosely placed across the beds. This first night around 3:00 am someone tried to get in our room. They had a master key and opened the door. Thankfully the slide lock was on so they couldn't get in the room. The next morning I reported this to the front desk. They were very casual about it and told me it had to have been one of their staff and they would check on it. I followed up and was told that it had been a staff member and they were helping 2 guests into what they thought was their room and that the staff person should have checked with the front desk first. They told me everything was 'okay on their end' and that the staff person would be spoken to by the manager. They didn't even bother to apologize. As I was walking outside I saw the manger speaking to the staff person. It seemed inappropriate to by having the discussion outside next to the front door especially since the staff person was yelling at the manager. When the room was 'cleaned' the next day the sheets weren't tucked in. They simply pulled the covers up over the beds. Breakfast was very poor quality. This hotel charges too much for a room given the quality of service and the state of the rooms. You can stay in superior hotels in Charlottown for almost the same cost and get more value for your money. I expected more from a Best Western.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilmo O
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I would like to first, aoplogize, for the disturbance you received at 3 am. Unfortunately we had our night person make an error. I would like to clarify one thing however; I was the manager talking with the young man and it was not what you thought. Yes I did inquire as to what happened and we came to a calm conclusion. The raising of this young man's voice was completely unrelated to work and I am sorry it appeared that way to you. I hope you did notice that he calmed down after his excited state, because he was expressing his story and not anger at me or work. We had a few different conversations and his excitement came from something completely unrelated to the evenings concern or work for that matter. Again I apologize that it did not appear that way to you. I hope you will consider staying with us again and allowing us to exceed your expectations next time.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

So I called ahead to specifically get a room next to my friends who were travelling. Made a whole thing of it. Called back to confirm this etc etc. Showed up and not ONLY was I not next to them, not even on the same floor as them but in SEPARATE BUILDINGS?!? WHAT?!? There are two buildings as part of the BW C'town. I threw a snit fit. I ended up getting moved and they were very apologetic. They had no record of my 3 calls?? But I got "close enough" and had a lovely stay. My first room looked like a 70s sitcom and smelled like either wet dog or horse manure. I couldn't figure it out. My next room was much newer and had no smell. That was nice. So it ended up being great. As for parking, it looks like there isn't much in front of the BW but there is a bigger lot ACROSS THE STREET. Go there if you can't park right away. Great staff, they tried really hard to correct my situation. Great room, once I got moved. Good stay. I'd go back.

Room Tip: The rooms "across the street" seem newer. Go for those. Parking is better across the stree...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience staying with us. I have discussed with the front desk team your comments about having rooms together and the need to ensure our valuable guests are accomadated whenever possible. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us after the room concern was resolved. I hope you will considered staying with us again on any return trips to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Best Western Charlottetown is a pretty basic hotel with decent service in a very good Charlottetown location. It was also very quiet and we felt fortunate to get the enormous room 236 through Expedia's 'Unpublished Rates' deal.

Unfortunately what I'll remember most about that room is the awful stewage-like smell coming from the vent! To the hotel's credit - when I complained, they cleaned the vent, replaced the filter and improved the smell by about 75%. But a complaint shouldn't really be necessary. Hotel staff would have noticed the stench and should have been pro-active in cleaining things up.

Breakfast was also pretty bad. The French toast was served cold and despite a small sign saying it should be toasted, people thought it was a mistake and were leaving plates of it everywhere.

Our experience with the hotel didn't ruin the trip to PEI, but I'll definitely look elsewhere if I'm in Charlottetown again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to aplogize for your unpleasant stay with us. I have discussed the concern about the vent with our team and I have shared your comments. I hope you will reconsider and give us a chance to exceed your expectations on a return trip to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

beds made untidy, windows visibly dirty air conditioner had to be adjusted / repaired as room too hot no fan in bathroom so very steamy when / after shower used "full breakfast" poor. packaged eggs, French toast chilled??, mediocre quality. Not value for money paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you had a terrific experience with us. I hope you will return to visit us in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We as a family of 5 stayed on the weekend. We have kids 10yrs, 9yrs and 6 month. We got the suite with cribb. Lots of space in the room. The ventilation system was not great and the room needed a little renovation. The staff at the concierge was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. I hope you expressed your concerns with our team during your stay so we could resolve these concerns. I hope in the future you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a budget motel that is trying to pawn itself off as much higher level accommodation.
The free breakfast was one of the worst I have ever tried to eat, the rooms were generic motel variety. They advertised a hot tub but there wasn't one there anymore, our room overlooked someone's backyard and their was a leak in our roof that they did not even show up to look at after calling 3 times. There is no restaurant in the hotel and not one within 3 blocks of the hotel. Half the hotel is on the other side of one of the busiest streets in Charlottetown and there is not enough parking in the hotel for all of their rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay withus. Yes we have two separate buildings, however we do have an under ground tunnel that connects the two buildings so you can avoid the busy street. I will discuss with the team to see why we did not get to your room sooner than 3 hours. I hope you will consider returning to visit us and allow us to exceed your expectations next time.