“Stay Away from hotel unless you're desperate”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Los Angeles, California
“Stay Away from hotel unless you're desperate”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I agree with all of the negative comments about this hotel. It is horrible. The room is clearly showing its age. The entire hotel is in desperate need of renovation. The floor was sticky, the bathroom door wouldn't close properly, and the advertised in room internet did not work.. On top of that, both phones had no dial tone, so making a call to the front desk was useless. The front desk people were friendly enough though. If you're staying here for one night, then it's okay but more than that; then you probably won't be able to bear it any longer.

In my opinion, it is not worth the money to stay here for one night. Find another hotel unless you're absolutely desperate. If you must stay here, then book ahead of time. When I was there, someone was having a wedding and the hotel was completely booked. People were coming in and asking for a room, but the staff kept on turning them away.

• Liked — Friendly staff, location to nearby seafood restaurants
  • Disliked — Floor, phones, internet, bathroom door
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian90212

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
fredericton
Reviewed 8 July 2008

We were attending a conference at the Delta Hotel. Rooms there disappeared and the Delta shockingly used this Best Western as an overflow. Our rooms were on the first level which was a nice way of saying in the basement. It was filthy. Musty. Our room had one small window that looked out (at eye level) into a garbage bin. The carpets stunk. The keys never worked. The maids complained in the hallway about how rooms smelled and that few things worked. Our phone did not work. We left after 5 hours of calling smaller inns in the area. We found a lovely place at a fraction of the cost of this hotel. There is another building belonging to the Best Western across the street. It might be nicer than the horrible place we encountered.

Stayed July 2008
3 Thank nbtravels

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Kingston
Reviewed 6 July 2008

Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever seen in North America. I find it hard to believe that the Cest Western lets this place sully their name.

We have often stayed in Best Westerns due to their consistency and value for the money. We checked into two rooms that a smell akin to dead animals and we told it was due to carpet cleaning. The rooms are in terrible need of a complete update. There were water rings on the furniture (damp) that house cleaning thought not necessary to clean. I also "loved" the bathroom concept where the sink is located outside the bathroom. Please take my advice and stay away from this dump. Ps. Don't be deceived by the photo on the website. There is an older wing across the street, which is an old motel with a facade built over the front. Both sections are horrible.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank smith852
New Brunswick
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Hi, over the years, I have stayed at several different Best Western Hotels, and have always been happy with the service and overall experience. I am writing to tell you that I am very unhappy with my experience at Best Western Charlottetown.
1. My safety was severely compromised. The door to the stairs(Fire Escape) was locked/jambed for 2 days and I told at least 4 employees including front desk.
2. Went to the pool, and was suprised to see no one in it. (full hotel) It was too cold to get in.
3. Went to get in the hot tub. Out of Order, and by the looks of the black stuff growing in the bottom, it had been out of order for awhile.
4. Last of all...this is stupid but frustrating...forgot my toothpaste, when i asked for some at the front desk the reply was "I don't think we have any, but if we do, I will send some up to the room" I went to the store and bought some for 74 cents. Bottom line, when I pay 204/night for 5 star hotel, I would like to stay at a 5 star hotel. On a positive note the rooms were clean

• Liked — Nothing outstading besides the location
  • Disliked — no hot tub, pool was freezing, the thought of burning like a rat, fire escape was locked
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blubiker78
Toronto
Reviewed 26 June 2008

We spent only one night in this hotel and are now all dealing with BED BUG bites and infestations in our suitcases, clothes, bedsheets and homes. These bugs travelled home with us from Charlottetown to Toronto. All three of us that stayed in that room that one night have spent the last 3 weeks laundering, vacuuming and disinfecting our homes !

Don't stay at this hotel!! It's been a Bed Bug Nightmare ever since we got back !!!!!

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs in the room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
5 Thank JersToronto
New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2007

How many ways can a motel screw up? They lost my reservation completely - even when I gave them the number they couldn't find it. They charged my card for nothing even before I had arrived, and it took a fax to sort out. No soap in the room! Crumbs in the cupboard! They don't change the towels and linen every day! They don't vacuum the hallway! When we were lugging our bags to the room, two porters walked right past us with an empty cart...

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — grotty
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank bb26
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 5 October 2007

After staying in this hotel, both my sister and I were diagnosed with scabies. The hotel assumes no responsibility. However, during our stay, neither cleanliness nor customer satisfaction was a priority. More than once our room was not cleaned, even though we were out all day, and when reported to the front desk staff, we were told that the cleaning staff were busy and did not have time to clean our room. At times, we were just given a couple of towels at the door, no cleaning was done at all. When cleaning was done, it was very basic. The kitchenette in the room was a handyman special, uneven handmade looking counters and cupboards and no plugins. Staff did not seem to know what facilities/services were available in the hotel. Food was mediocre. Price was around $150/night. I would have expected better and will not stay at a Best Western again.

6 Thank cateToronto_Ontario