“Stayed for big red fest last summer - great staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Charlottetown

BEST WESTERN Charlottetown
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Amherst, Canada
“Stayed for big red fest last summer - great staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The only thing that I am not happy about is that the staff did not ask me about air miles. The room was nice - no view... The view was a wall lol. Did not eat the free breakfast or use the pool so cannot speak to those features. Within walking distance to the water front- down town - concert site... Found a little pricey and parking was scarce (to be expected with large concert in town) ... Rooms are not sound proof... Could hear people talking in next room and throughout hallways ... Kind of awkward... Overall would stay again if we needed to.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us last summer. I apologize that the collecting of air miles was not better explained to you. We do not collect air miles directly but rather allow our guests to become a Best Western Rewards Member, which will allow you to transfer Best Western Rewards Points into air miles. Becoming a Best Western Rewards Member has many advantages beyond the collection of points. I do hope you will return to stay with us this year, as this will be a tremendous year for all festivals.
Wayne Cotton, AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Valencia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place was okay if you're looking for a clean, basic hotel to stay at. They do offer continental breakfast in the morning which was a good feature and a decent gym and pool area. There's nothing attention grabbing about this place, but it serves it's purpose.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. As you mentioned we are a clean hotel that offers a good breakfast and a nice pool and fitness room. We appreciate your feedback and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Nothing fabulous. Basic ole school 1980s decor. Breakfast adequate. Great location. Room clean and fairly quiet. Bathroom and fixtures need updating. The entrance to the bank of rooms that ran along the front of the main road was not maintained with shoveling or salted in 24 hours during a snow storm and the card pass entrance swiper didn't always work to unlock door. If I end up returning to charlottetown I would probably choose another hotel or B&B.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share to feedback about your stay at our Hotel. I am sorry that you were visiting us during a snow storm and we were not able to keep the pathways clear all of the time. We have a terrific team that works very hard to ensure our guest's experiences are always pleasant even during the toughest of times. I do hope you will visit us again in the future to allow us to exceed your expectations.
vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in October while visiting family nearby. We were pleased with some of the aspects of this facility but somewhat disappointed in others. The hotel itself was satisfactory, although it could use a bit of freshening up in some areas. The desk service was pleasant, the room presentable, and the breakfast items similar to other Best Westerns. The hotel room was large, the bed comfortable, and the internet connection speed good. Unfortunately there was no hot water in our bathroom, as my husband discovered when he took a late evening shower. The next morning there was still no hot water, so I used the showering facilities in the pool change room, which had a very good supply. My husband brought it to the attention of the staff in the morning and was told that different parts of the hotel are served by separate boiler systems, and depending on your location, problems may occur. I was also a little disappointed in the way the breakfast area was serviced and having to hand in a ticket before seating yourself. Hard to imagine why the hotel staff needed to supervise this area so carefully such that guests feel as though they are being monitored as they eat. The food was okay, but not so wonderful that one would need to hoard it. Given the location, and the price, I believe that this hotel could do a lot better with just a little fine tuning.

Room Tip: Do check that you have hot water as soon as you get into your room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am sorry you felt like we were monitoring you at breakfast......it is quite the opposite. We have a rotating schedule, of our Associates, collecting breakfast coupons upon our guests arrival to help our guests with any questions they may have. This allows different departments, who may not normally interact with guests very much, the luxury of meeting our valuable guests face to face. We want to interact with guests in a more leisurely setting when it comes to answering travel plans for the day or location of ammenities the island has to offer. I am sorry you felt a different feeling. I do hope, now knowing our reasoning, you will visit us again in the future.
Lancaster, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Have visited Charlottetown several times with my family & am so grateful that Chance led me to the Best Western Hotel there & Room 236.......a Queen Sized Suite with two beds plus a pull out sofa bed.....sitting area, two TVs, WiFi, bar fridge & sink with storage for provisions, glasses, dishes, picture windows overlooking the indoor pool , complimentary ,Continental & hot buffet style breakfast served . All that Plus within walking distance to all the downtown amenities including shopping & Lobster on the Wharf!!!!
Our stays have always been pleasant, quiet, clean & above all , very reasonably priced.......since we stayed more than 5 nights, we qualified for the Extended Stay Rates .....an added bonus to say the least.
I will definitely be staying here on future visits to Charlottetown.
Front desk personnel & housekeeping were very helpful, pleasant & quick to address any questions or issues.

Room Tip: IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 2 OR 3, ROOM 236 IS GREAT!!! I...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about your stay with us. You have done a terrific job of explaining the many offerings we have for our guests. From oversized rooms to hot breakfast and of course in the heart of downtown Charlottetown. I look forward to hosting you on a return trip to Charlottetown.
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very convient location in downtown. Within walking distance of may restaurants and historical sights.
Older hotel with many amenities. Could use a better cleaning staff. We stayed for two days and the second day our room was not cleaned properly. The bed was not made and the floor was not vacuumed. I was disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at our property. What you explain about the state of your bed is not our standards at all. I have shared this with the housekeeping manager and we will ensure this never happens again. I hope you will consider staying with us in the fututre, to allow us to exceed your expectations.
Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was a typical Best Western experience, nothing thrilling, even though things worked ok. The room was basic, beds were average. A huge plus was that the window could be opened in the bathroom for some fresh air. The air conditioning breeze smelled strange (moldy), so did not want to use it anymore. Breakfast was slightly disappointing, kind of cheap stuff available. Still, the room was rather pricey. For that price I paid I was expecting to get a lot more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I would like to thank you for your valuable comments about your stay. I am pleased that you found us to be similar to our Family of Best Western hotels. Our price is reflective of the destination we operate from. PEI is considered to be a resort destination and can slightly higher rates on occasion. I hope you will consider staying with us on a return trip to PEI.