“Pleasant Hotel Good Location”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I enjoyed this hotel; it is located right downtown and close to the harbour front. Started my day with a hot breakfast which I like. Nice variety of breakfast foods(egg, sausage, cereal, toast, spreads (jams, etc) cream cheese, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee, tea, etc). Just had oranges for fresh fruit - prefer other fruit but the orange was fine. The breakfast room was large and well maintained. There was a staff person there cleaning up tables and the food area and helping people out if necessary, the whole time I was in the room. My room had a fridge (which allows me more flexibility) and coffee maker. The room was great, except for needing more open outlets for tech items. The staff came up with an extension cord for me so that my computer, ipad, phone and battery back up were able to stay charged up. Staff were nice. Check in was a little slow - there were 5 in the line and only one person on, but when we got down to two a second person showed up to help. I was going to use the pool but I ran out of time. But it looked nice. Lot's of nice places to walk to here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you Heather for the kind, and informative, comments about your stay with us. We have worked very hard on improving our breakfast, and we continue this everyday, and it is nice to have our hard efforts noticed. I am pleased to hear that your needs were met, in regards to extra outlets. I will share with our entire team they positive comments to have written. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is THE BEST place to stay when in Charlottetown, great location, friendly staff, the most important meal of the day, BREAKFAST is Complimentary, Hot & Cold.
Free WIFI, ample parking space (FREE).
Clean and well maintained swimming pool.
Rooms are nice and clean.
Great place to stay for when visiting PEI.

Tony & Family from Calgary-AB

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed our guests expectations every day, and I am so very pleased to read that we managed to do this on your visit. I hope you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nice location downtown Charlottetown very convenient walking distance to restaurant district. Staff provide excellent customer service. Good value and nice complimentary full breakfast. I travel lots for business and this is one of my favourite destinations.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacques L
Wayne C, Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in one of the rooms on the opposite side of the street as the main front desk. The room was very clean, (I used to supervise and check rooms in a different hotel so I always check the room the same when I am traveling) and it was very nice to have a full kitchen in the room so we could make our own meals. There was a group of rowdy young men on the street beneath our window for a bit, but this is not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _wanderlust_0110
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. WOW, to have such high praise of cleanliness from a profession eye is super nice to hear! We work very hard to keep our hotel at the highest level of cleanliness and maintenance as we possibly can, and it is nice to have this recognized. I hope you will stay with us on any return visits to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the updates to this Best Western. Easy inside access to the annex part of the hotel. Breakfast hot and constantly refilled. On snow days the parking lot was cleared very early.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We have worked very hard over the last several years to improve our product and services and it is very nice to see the hard work is noticed. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The staff at this hotel were so friendly and helpful that it truly made our stay. One staff member that sands out the most was Kim B. at the front desk. We arrived during a hockey tournament weekend with lots of kids around running the halls which can be very disturbing. Kim handled it all very well and in her friendly manner. Whenever we asked for something she was ' Johnny on the Spot' to provide great service.

As for the hotel it was clean and the hot breakfast included was great.

When back in Charlottetown we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I would like to thank you for your comments of your stay with us. I will ensure that Kim B is made aware of the kinds words you have shared about her customer service. I am pleased you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We have worked very hard on improving this offering and it is nice to hear our hard work is paying off.
I hope you will visit us in the near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The only thing that I am not happy about is that the staff did not ask me about air miles. The room was nice - no view... The view was a wall lol. Did not eat the free breakfast or use the pool so cannot speak to those features. Within walking distance to the water front- down town - concert site... Found a little pricey and parking was scarce (to be expected with large concert in town) ... Rooms are not sound proof... Could hear people talking in next room and throughout hallways ... Kind of awkward... Overall would stay again if we needed to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us last summer. I apologize that the collecting of air miles was not better explained to you. We do not collect air miles directly but rather allow our guests to become a Best Western Rewards Member, which will allow you to transfer Best Western Rewards Points into air miles. Becoming a Best Western Rewards Member has many advantages beyond the collection of points. I do hope you will return to stay with us this year, as this will be a tremendous year for all festivals.