“A Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Summerside, Canada
“A Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Check-in was efficient and staff very friendly. This is an older hotel and the rooms could use updating. Room was nice and clean. The location is perfect for walking to the many restaurants, shopping, etc. A nice get-a-way experience. Super extra effort by the front desk clerk at check-out as we had an e-mail BW travel card to redeem toward our stay making our stay even better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Daisy I would like to thank you for kind words about your recent stay with us. I will certainly share with our front desk team the nice experience they provided to you. I am pleased you were able to take advatange of our downtown location, that allows our guest to walk to many attractions Charlottetown has to offer. I hope we will see again in the future.
Wayne Cotton, AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I enjoyed this hotel; it is located right downtown and close to the harbour front. Started my day with a hot breakfast which I like. Nice variety of breakfast foods(egg, sausage, cereal, toast, spreads (jams, etc) cream cheese, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee, tea, etc). Just had oranges for fresh fruit - prefer other fruit but the orange was fine. The breakfast room was large and well maintained. There was a staff person there cleaning up tables and the food area and helping people out if necessary, the whole time I was in the room. My room had a fridge (which allows me more flexibility) and coffee maker. The room was great, except for needing more open outlets for tech items. The staff came up with an extension cord for me so that my computer, ipad, phone and battery back up were able to stay charged up. Staff were nice. Check in was a little slow - there were 5 in the line and only one person on, but when we got down to two a second person showed up to help. I was going to use the pool but I ran out of time. But it looked nice. Lot's of nice places to walk to here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you Heather for the kind, and informative, comments about your stay with us. We have worked very hard on improving our breakfast, and we continue this everyday, and it is nice to have our hard efforts noticed. I am pleased to hear that your needs were met, in regards to extra outlets. I will share with our entire team they positive comments to have written. I hope we will see you again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is THE BEST place to stay when in Charlottetown, great location, friendly staff, the most important meal of the day, BREAKFAST is Complimentary, Hot & Cold.
Free WIFI, ample parking space (FREE).
Clean and well maintained swimming pool.
Rooms are nice and clean.
Great place to stay for when visiting PEI.

Tony & Family from Calgary-AB

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed our guests expectations every day, and I am so very pleased to read that we managed to do this on your visit. I hope you will return to stay with us in the near future.
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nice location downtown Charlottetown very convenient walking distance to restaurant district. Staff provide excellent customer service. Good value and nice complimentary full breakfast. I travel lots for business and this is one of my favourite destinations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jacques L
Wayne C, Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us. I hope we will see you again in the future.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in one of the rooms on the opposite side of the street as the main front desk. The room was very clean, (I used to supervise and check rooms in a different hotel so I always check the room the same when I am traveling) and it was very nice to have a full kitchen in the room so we could make our own meals. There was a group of rowdy young men on the street beneath our window for a bit, but this is not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank _wanderlust_0110
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. WOW, to have such high praise of cleanliness from a profession eye is super nice to hear! We work very hard to keep our hotel at the highest level of cleanliness and maintenance as we possibly can, and it is nice to have this recognized. I hope you will stay with us on any return visits to Charlottetown.
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the updates to this Best Western. Easy inside access to the annex part of the hotel. Breakfast hot and constantly refilled. On snow days the parking lot was cleared very early.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We have worked very hard over the last several years to improve our product and services and it is very nice to see the hard work is noticed. I hope we will see you again in the future.
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The staff at this hotel were so friendly and helpful that it truly made our stay. One staff member that sands out the most was Kim B. at the front desk. We arrived during a hockey tournament weekend with lots of kids around running the halls which can be very disturbing. Kim handled it all very well and in her friendly manner. Whenever we asked for something she was ' Johnny on the Spot' to provide great service.

As for the hotel it was clean and the hot breakfast included was great.

When back in Charlottetown we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I would like to thank you for your comments of your stay with us. I will ensure that Kim B is made aware of the kinds words you have shared about her customer service. I am pleased you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We have worked very hard on improving this offering and it is nice to hear our hard work is paying off.
I hope you will visit us in the near future.