“Not so clean, watch out for rooms with NO WINDOW!”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Make sure if you stay at this hotel that you ask about the room's window. The room I was initially assigned to had a "window" that looked out into the room with the treadmills... YIKES! The staff changed the room for me without asking any questions, but if there hadnt been another room available, that would have sucked! Then the room I was assigned to had a dirty washroom/shower. I will not stay here if I visit Charlottetown again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Erin I am very sorry that you had a negative experience during your recent stay with us. I will immediately discuss the concerns you have shared, in regards to the bathroom, with our housekeeping manager. This is not acceptable and certainly not the way we operate our hotel. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us on a return trip to Charlottetown, to allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

There are newer reviews for Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Charlottetown downtown location, close to Peak's Quay and Confederation Landing Park. Clean, comfortable rooms and great breakfast. Fitness centre and pool, wireless internet worked very well. Excellent overall value!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rebecca I want to thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am very pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the many attractions that downtown Charlottetown has to offer. You describe our facility extremely well, "comfortable rooms, great breakfast" and the internet works very well. I hope we will see you again on a return trip to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I plus our daughter and 2 year old granddaughter stayed 2 nights in a king suite and were quite comfortable, lots of room. The living area had 2 sofa beds, We slept in the king bed the first night and on a sofa bed the second, very comfortable both nights.The girls really enjoyed the pool. The breakfast area is large, very clean and there was a good selection. Best part for us was the location. Easy walking to an excellent waterfront with lots of shops and things to do.

Room Tip: chose the king, a couple traveling with us had a standard room and were less satisfied
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Terrence I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. Our downtown location is something many guests enjoy about their stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our large King Suite and our complimentary hot breakfast. I hope we will see you again on a return trip to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

good place to stay when you are out and about a lot. Cozy and comfortable room and the bed was most comfortable. It was not a noisy stay...ie. slamming doors or children running around. Breakfast was available and had a good variety. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best part was a small kitchenette to store snacks and water.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

I would like to thank you for your review. I am sorry that we had some guests that disturbed you during your stay with us. I hope you contacted our front desk team to allow us the opportunity to fix this concern? I am glad you used the words "cozy and comfortable" because we strive to make every guest feel like they are visiting our "home" and not simply our hotel. I hope we will see again on any return visits to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent three nights here on a recent holiday. When we arrived, for some reason the booking agent had cancelled our booking, but the very helpful lady on reception that Sunday afternoon did everything she could to get it sorted for us. 30 mins later we were in a room with three days ahead of us.
Although the hotel looks a bit like a motel, it is well situated to enable you to get where you want to go and has all the amenities you need. The breakfast had a wide variety of choices from plain old toast to a fully cooked fry up. and an awesome speciality coffee machine. For me personally the beds were a little too soft, but that is just my preference. There is plenty of free parking out the front with pretty much everything in walking distance.

Room Tip: Make sure you make it down to breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I cannot find better words to describe our breakfast, or our downtown location, then you have used in your review. You are also correct that we do not have the appearance of the "new look" hotels that have been recently built around the country. We are a facility that has been operating for many years in the heart of Charlottetown and we are extremely proud of our character. I hope we will have the pleasure of you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Charlottetown for 3 nights. It was a wonderful location; close to all the sites and the waterfront. I believe that it was a little expensive because it resembled a 'motel' rather than a 'hotel'. The breakfast was good on the first day, but a little disappointing when they served the same items every day. I would definitely recommend it because of its location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. Many of our guest enjoy our downtown location close to the many attractions Charlottetown has to offer. I am sorry that you did not feel our extended breakfast offerings did not allow you enough variety. With a variety of eggs, proteins, baked beans, homemade oatmeal, fruit cups, yogurt with fresh berries, cereals, bed, bagels, apples, oranges, bananas and many other items we felt we had covered all areas for our guests. I hope you will visit us again on a return trip to Charlottetwon to allow us to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel ceiling paint peeling, dead bolt will not go across, sheets dirty, lampshade torn, no headboard on bed, air conditioning loud, bathroom door too large for door frame so door would not close.Room wasn't made up by 5 pm after we returned from our day out so the desk said they'd send someone up after we went out again at 6. We returned at 10 to 11 pm to find the metal bar was across to keep the door open and the room had been made up and we had an article stolen from our room. When we complained the management suggested the maid didn't leave it open and that we must have returned and left it open ourselves! After a very unpleasant conversation we told them we would not be returning to the hotel ever again. The manager did refund our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Karen,
I am sorry you had such a bad experience. I have thoroughly reviewed the room that you had stayed in. I feel we will not find a mutually satisfactory conclusion to this unfortunate stay, as we seem to differ on the events and they way things occured. I am sorry you seem to feel I was not understanding in this situation.