“Heads up about the lock-change, please!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Charlottetown

BEST WESTERN Charlottetown
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Toronto, Canada
“Heads up about the lock-change, please!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in the North Court, the newer building across the street from the original facility. (I am told by people who stayed in the original building that I had it better.) So my comments are pretty much just about the North Court.

I liked the fact that I could open my windows, which is refreshing. I was really annoyed, though, that upon returning to my room one night after a long day at the convention centre, I could not enter the North Court. My passkey would not work. After about 5 minutes of trying, I gave up and went across the street to the front desk. I had to wait about 10 minutes before one of the desk staff put someone on hold to get me a new key.

When I finally got back to my room, there was a piece of paper on the floor from management explaining that locks were changed around the hotel. Why, I ask, was I not told of this upon check-in, or the day before my key the locks were being changed? A little notice would have been appropriate.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I would like to start by extending my apologies for the lack of notification on the door lock project. The notification certainly should have been given to you at check in. Also we do have signs around the hotel, but you may have not travelled in those areas. With this project wrapping up and the new system working perfectly, I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Wayne Cotton, AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

While seeking a pet friendly hotel to use as a base on PEI, we found the Best Western Charlottetown on line. We ended up staying with them for two nights. In our experience, our room was about average for a Best Western. Even though the room did not rank with the very best Best Western rooms, there was nothing wrong with it. We enjoyed a pleasant sleep experience at the Best Western which met our number one requirement, i.e. it is pet friendly. The most enjoyable aspect of our stay was the hotel's breakfast which was one of the best "included" breakfasts that we have ever enjoyed at a Best Western or elsewhere.

We need to give a shout out to the staff who were very pleasant and helpful. We had one small emergency which was not their fault and they resolved our issue very quickly.

Note that this hotel is on both sides of Grafton Street and the two parts are connected by a tunnel that runs under the street. The tunnel is a good thing if you are booked into the part that does not contain the office and breakfast area because you can use the tunnel to avoid the rain and cold which was a constant during May, 2014 visit.

We don't know if we will ever return to PEI but if we do AND are traveling with a pet, we will stay here again. It was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
William I would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We have worked very hard on improving our breakfast annd I am very pleased that you enjoyed our offerings. I do hope you have the opportunity to visit PEI again and we certainly hope that the BEST WESTERN Charlottetown will be your hotel of choice.
Ocala,Florida, U.s.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The room was comfortable, ours was in the building across the street from the main building. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean, TV and wi-fi worked fine. The hotel was quiet. Breakfast was excellent for a hotel, many choices, including a newly installed capuccino/espresso/specialty coffee machine. The front desk employees were friendly and spent extra time with us recommending restaurants and local places to visit. Would stay there again if I found myself in PEI.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynne I would like to thank you for your very imformative and kind comments about your stay with us. We are extremely excited with our newly installed specialty coffee machine, and I am pleased you enjoyed it as well. You have described our hotel in such great detail that I can't think of another amenity that explains the hotel better. Perhaps only to add the fitness center and the pool. I hope you will visit us again in the future because we certainly look forward to hosting you again.
toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Make sure if you stay at this hotel that you ask about the room's window. The room I was initially assigned to had a "window" that looked out into the room with the treadmills... YIKES! The staff changed the room for me without asking any questions, but if there hadnt been another room available, that would have sucked! Then the room I was assigned to had a dirty washroom/shower. I will not stay here if I visit Charlottetown again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Erin I am very sorry that you had a negative experience during your recent stay with us. I will immediately discuss the concerns you have shared, in regards to the bathroom, with our housekeeping manager. This is not acceptable and certainly not the way we operate our hotel. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us on a return trip to Charlottetown, to allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Wayne Cotton, AGM

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Halifax Region, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Charlottetown downtown location, close to Peak's Quay and Confederation Landing Park. Clean, comfortable rooms and great breakfast. Fitness centre and pool, wireless internet worked very well. Excellent overall value!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rebecca I want to thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am very pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the many attractions that downtown Charlottetown has to offer. You describe our facility extremely well, "comfortable rooms, great breakfast" and the internet works very well. I hope we will see you again on a return trip to Charlottetown.
Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I plus our daughter and 2 year old granddaughter stayed 2 nights in a king suite and were quite comfortable, lots of room. The living area had 2 sofa beds, We slept in the king bed the first night and on a sofa bed the second, very comfortable both nights.The girls really enjoyed the pool. The breakfast area is large, very clean and there was a good selection. Best part for us was the location. Easy walking to an excellent waterfront with lots of shops and things to do.

Room Tip: chose the king, a couple traveling with us had a standard room and were less satisfied
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Terrence I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. Our downtown location is something many guests enjoy about their stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our large King Suite and our complimentary hot breakfast. I hope we will see you again on a return trip to Charlottetown.
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

good place to stay when you are out and about a lot. Cozy and comfortable room and the bed was most comfortable. It was not a noisy stay...ie. slamming doors or children running around. Breakfast was available and had a good variety. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best part was a small kitchenette to store snacks and water.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your review. I am sorry that we had some guests that disturbed you during your stay with us. I hope you contacted our front desk team to allow us the opportunity to fix this concern? I am glad you used the words "cozy and comfortable" because we strive to make every guest feel like they are visiting our "home" and not simply our hotel. I hope we will see again on any return visits to Charlottetown.