“Worst Best western we have ever stayed in.”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We travel a lot and I can say that this the worst hotel that we have ever stayed in. The air conditioning unit was not working and staff needs a lesson in customer service. This hotel needs a complete overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Boss804
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that you did not feel you received great service. We strive to supply great customer service, and many of our guests state that they receive this from our staff. It is dissapointing to us that you felt you did not.

There are newer reviews for Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We wanted to be able to walk to everything downtown. This was a perfect location. We were in the newer building across the street. There's a large parking lot behind the building and an elevator right inside the door. The rooms are large and updated, and at first glance the room looked spotless, but the wall behind the bed lamp was very dirty and there were sticky spots on the bed table. However, the bathroom was sparkling clean. The HVAC was quiet, and the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in outside of my own house. It was very easy to relax and watch the large flat screen TV after a night out. The breakfast room is quite large, and there is a good selection of items. Despite the housekeeping issues, I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skipmiss1
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Skipmiss1,

I would like to thank you for such a detailed comment on our hotel. We hear from many guest's how convenient our location is to Charlottetowns many attractions. I hope we will see you on a return trip to PEI.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was in Charlottetown for a conference at the Delta. Charlottetown is nice but for 600+ people there wasn't one hotel that could hold us all. As a result, we were spread out amongst five or six hotels. I was at the Best Western on Grafton Street.

The BW is okay but nothing spectacular. The rooms were clean but dated though I had been told it had undergone a major reno the previous year. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, much more so than many of the higher-end properties I have stay at in the last few years.

The good news about Charlottetown is that everything is about a 10 minute walk away. However, it is the east coast so bring an umbrella and a jacket, even in summer.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building on the south side of the street. Apparently the north building, which...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay with us. You a very right in stating that Charlottetown is extremely easy to get around. Our downtown location does allow for a short walk to many attractions Charlottetown has to offer. I am pleased that you found some of your experience here was superior to other, higher costing, facilities. We constantly strive to get better and it is very nice to hear this kind of feedback. I hope you will consider staying with us on a return trip to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in the North Court, the newer building across the street from the original facility. (I am told by people who stayed in the original building that I had it better.) So my comments are pretty much just about the North Court.

I liked the fact that I could open my windows, which is refreshing. I was really annoyed, though, that upon returning to my room one night after a long day at the convention centre, I could not enter the North Court. My passkey would not work. After about 5 minutes of trying, I gave up and went across the street to the front desk. I had to wait about 10 minutes before one of the desk staff put someone on hold to get me a new key.

When I finally got back to my room, there was a piece of paper on the floor from management explaining that locks were changed around the hotel. Why, I ask, was I not told of this upon check-in, or the day before my key the locks were being changed? A little notice would have been appropriate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I would like to start by extending my apologies for the lack of notification on the door lock project. The notification certainly should have been given to you at check in. Also we do have signs around the hotel, but you may have not travelled in those areas. With this project wrapping up and the new system working perfectly, I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

While seeking a pet friendly hotel to use as a base on PEI, we found the Best Western Charlottetown on line. We ended up staying with them for two nights. In our experience, our room was about average for a Best Western. Even though the room did not rank with the very best Best Western rooms, there was nothing wrong with it. We enjoyed a pleasant sleep experience at the Best Western which met our number one requirement, i.e. it is pet friendly. The most enjoyable aspect of our stay was the hotel's breakfast which was one of the best "included" breakfasts that we have ever enjoyed at a Best Western or elsewhere.

We need to give a shout out to the staff who were very pleasant and helpful. We had one small emergency which was not their fault and they resolved our issue very quickly.

Note that this hotel is on both sides of Grafton Street and the two parts are connected by a tunnel that runs under the street. The tunnel is a good thing if you are booked into the part that does not contain the office and breakfast area because you can use the tunnel to avoid the rain and cold which was a constant during May, 2014 visit.

We don't know if we will ever return to PEI but if we do AND are traveling with a pet, we will stay here again. It was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

William I would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We have worked very hard on improving our breakfast annd I am very pleased that you enjoyed our offerings. I do hope you have the opportunity to visit PEI again and we certainly hope that the BEST WESTERN Charlottetown will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The room was comfortable, ours was in the building across the street from the main building. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean, TV and wi-fi worked fine. The hotel was quiet. Breakfast was excellent for a hotel, many choices, including a newly installed capuccino/espresso/specialty coffee machine. The front desk employees were friendly and spent extra time with us recommending restaurants and local places to visit. Would stay there again if I found myself in PEI.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Lynne I would like to thank you for your very imformative and kind comments about your stay with us. We are extremely excited with our newly installed specialty coffee machine, and I am pleased you enjoyed it as well. You have described our hotel in such great detail that I can't think of another amenity that explains the hotel better. Perhaps only to add the fitness center and the pool. I hope you will visit us again in the future because we certainly look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Make sure if you stay at this hotel that you ask about the room's window. The room I was initially assigned to had a "window" that looked out into the room with the treadmills... YIKES! The staff changed the room for me without asking any questions, but if there hadnt been another room available, that would have sucked! Then the room I was assigned to had a dirty washroom/shower. I will not stay here if I visit Charlottetown again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Erin I am very sorry that you had a negative experience during your recent stay with us. I will immediately discuss the concerns you have shared, in regards to the bathroom, with our housekeeping manager. This is not acceptable and certainly not the way we operate our hotel. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us on a return trip to Charlottetown, to allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.