“Great deal in Charlottetown”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This appears to be a somewhat older facility but one that has clearly been well maintained. The location is very convenient to downtown Charlottetown. We reserved a room with two double beds, but were upgraded to a suite with a single queen bed in the bedroom and a large sitting area with a sofa and coffee table, a separate table with 2 chairs and a kitchenette. The only negative was a somewhat small bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the upgrade to one of our spacious Suites. You are correct that we are not a new hotel, but we do work hard on keeping the hotel well maintained and clean, thank you for noticing. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wish I had read reviews about this hotel before I booked. I am a member of the Best Western rewards and that is why I booked there. The most recent reviews are very accurate. Customer service was sadly lacking and I was made to feel like an idiot when I couldn't find my way to our room (up the stairs behind the lobby). We got piped into the shower in the morning which woke us and our neighbouring units up. The breakfast room was so hot that we just got coffee or juice to go even though there was a notice on the door that we were not allowed to take food from the breakfast area. As it is Charlottetown's anniversary year I was very disappointed in the quality and expense of the room. I have stayed In other cities (Toronto and Ottawa) at 5 star hotels with better service and rooms than this. Sorry but will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations on your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with our entire team because we strive to deliver excellent customer service and it is disappointing to hear that you felt we did not deliver this to you. We have installed new A/C units in our breakfast bar in 2010 and I am sorry that this still did not supply a comfortable temperature for you. You are absolutely correct in your comment that we have a more streamlined ammenity and service approach then the 5 star hotels you had stayed with in Toronto and Ottawa. We are a 3.5 star hotel and proud of our rating as a limited service hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is an amazing hotel, we had a great time, they were able to get in our room about two hours early. we had internet, and comfy beds, the pool was great we had it all to ourselves. was super nice. the staff was great helped out as much as they could.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for your comments about your pleasant stay with us. We strive to provide great customer service and I am pleased our team was able to accomodate your early arrival. I am pleased that you could enjoy our hotel and the amenities we have to offer our guests. I hope we will see you on future visits to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a three star motel at a five star price. Try somewhere else. People are friendly enough, just haven't put the quality into the room (bathrooms etc.) .Frequent user of Best Westerns and this one doesn't hold up but it is significantly more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dean I would like to thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Location and season depicts what a hotel's rates will be. The reality of PEI is that we are deemed to be a resort destination and therefore our rates can be higher then other Best Western hotels. This is common with all of the hotels on PEI. You are correct that we are a 3.5 star hotel and proud of this rating. We are older then the newly built Best Western hotels and this gives us our character. I am pleased that our staff were pleasant to you becuase our people are our strenghth. I hope you will consider staying with us on any future visits to PEI.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We travel a lot and I can say that this the worst hotel that we have ever stayed in. The air conditioning unit was not working and staff needs a lesson in customer service. This hotel needs a complete overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Boss804

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that you did not feel you received great service. We strive to supply great customer service, and many of our guests state that they receive this from our staff. It is dissapointing to us that you felt you did not.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We wanted to be able to walk to everything downtown. This was a perfect location. We were in the newer building across the street. There's a large parking lot behind the building and an elevator right inside the door. The rooms are large and updated, and at first glance the room looked spotless, but the wall behind the bed lamp was very dirty and there were sticky spots on the bed table. However, the bathroom was sparkling clean. The HVAC was quiet, and the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in outside of my own house. It was very easy to relax and watch the large flat screen TV after a night out. The breakfast room is quite large, and there is a good selection of items. Despite the housekeeping issues, I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skipmiss1
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Skipmiss1,

I would like to thank you for such a detailed comment on our hotel. We hear from many guest's how convenient our location is to Charlottetowns many attractions. I hope we will see you on a return trip to PEI.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was in Charlottetown for a conference at the Delta. Charlottetown is nice but for 600+ people there wasn't one hotel that could hold us all. As a result, we were spread out amongst five or six hotels. I was at the Best Western on Grafton Street.

The BW is okay but nothing spectacular. The rooms were clean but dated though I had been told it had undergone a major reno the previous year. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, much more so than many of the higher-end properties I have stay at in the last few years.

The good news about Charlottetown is that everything is about a 10 minute walk away. However, it is the east coast so bring an umbrella and a jacket, even in summer.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building on the south side of the street. Apparently the north building, which...