This is without a doubt the worst hotel for customer service I have ever stayed at in the last 10 years. We booked this hotel a number of months ago as a group package for our son's baseball team. When we arrived the entire team was in the new building across the street yet the team manager and coach (me) were placed in the old building. We asked why and they informed us that the hotel was fully booked and we had no choice. When we entered our room it smelled damp and musty. The toilet was plugged on entering the room. We informed the front desk and they sent someone to fix the toilet. We had to leave for our first game so left the repairman to fix the toilet. When we returned 2.5 ours later the first thing I did was check the toilet and guess what it still wasn't working! This time I made a trip to the front desk and asked to be moved again at which time I was again told the hotel was full. What bothered me was that the front desk staff followed this comment up by telling me I could check out if I wanted but "good luck getting another room in Charlottetown this weekend". Unfortunately she was right as I checked and there was only one room left at the Delta and it was 100 dollars a night more expensive or I would have left right then and there. They did send another staff to fix the toilet which he did as long as we held the flush until all the water emptied from the toilet and then released the lever. The room was so damp that the sheets actually felt moist when we went to go to bed that night. We left the next morning for more games and when we returned the pizza boxes from the night before and the garbage in our room was not cleared. I didn't even bother calling the desk again as it was so ineffective the night before. The morning breakfast was passable and that is the nicest thing I can say for this hotel. If you ever consider staying here I would insist on the new building although I would advise against ever staying here. We paid 340 dollars for our 2 night stay which was terrible considering the service and disdain to which we were treated. I can't even discuss how bad the wifi was either as I am getting to angry! I travel a great deal for work and stay at a number of hotels both in Canada, the US and the UK and this was the worst one I have ever encountered. It was so bad we cancelled our planed third night and left the island as soon as we could. I will never stay at another Best Western hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, with its great downtown location, is a wonderful choice for your travelling requirements. Close to Charlottetown's many restaurants, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Founders Hall, water front attractions, Province House, Confederation Court Mall, Holland College Campus, Government offices, Charlottetown's Festival grounds, hiking and bicycling trails, all that can be reached with a leisurely walk from this City center hotel. As well you will enjoy a pleasant stay in our clean, comfortable facility with many amenities such as indoor heated pool, fitness center, conference center, business center, in house laundry, dry cleaning services and rooms that range from standard hotel rooms to apartment style rooms with full kitchens. If "FREE" is something that you wish to experience, then included in the rates are "FREE" parking, "FREE" WI-FI and a "FREE" hot breakfast that is second to none. The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown's clean and comfortable hotel with our wonderful staff that is friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. Bring your Family to stay with our Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- BEST WESTERN Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada