I have to start by saying that this accommodation was selected for me, and had I been given the choice, it is not where I would have chosen to stay. Charlottetown has a good variety of inns in the downtown area as well as a Delta Hotel. On the other hand… this property is within easy walking distance of everything that you will really want to see in town, and in summer, parking in Charlottetown can become a little hectic, so this may be the place for you.
It’s an older motel property that once had exterior corridors, but the property has seen considerable renovation over the years and the exterior corridors are glassed in and the original building has been enlarged. When it came time to really expand, a large annex was build across the street and linked to the original property by a pedestrian tunnel under the street… it was well done. As a consequence of modernization, you will find many things that one would expect… there are a good-sized indoor pool, a sauna, an exercise room, an attractive, little restaurant downstairs as well as a pub. (MacLauchlan’s Pub and Eatery).
We were in the annex across the street and the rooms were typical motel rooms… two double beds, television, clock radio, a table with two chairs, a closet which had an iron and ironing board, a coffee maker and a complete bathroom. As a typical motel room, it had the same dreary colour scheme and bed-spreads that one will find in countless such rooms across North America. But… you are in Charlottetown, and we hope that you won’t spend more time in the room than you have to.
The July rate for the room I just described is about $145 CAD. I find that a bit pricey for this property, but I guess it’s all about the location… it is a good one and Charlottetown gets expensive in summer as a lot of people want to experience the restaurants and the theatre. The highways are often alive with buses full of Japanese tourists who come for the Anne of Green Gables tour and the one thing they all have in common is the need for a clean place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, with its great downtown location, is a wonderful choice for your travelling requirements. Close to Charlottetown's many restaurants, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Founders Hall, water front attractions, Province House, Confederation Court Mall, Holland College Campus, Government offices, Charlottetown's Festival grounds, hiking and bicycling trails, all that can be reached with a leisurely walk from this City center hotel. As well you will enjoy a pleasant stay in our clean, comfortable facility with many amenities such as indoor heated pool, fitness center, conference center, business center, in house laundry, dry cleaning services and rooms that range from standard hotel rooms to apartment style rooms with full kitchens. If "FREE" is something that you wish to experience, then included in the rates are "FREE" parking, "FREE" WI-FI and a "FREE" hot breakfast that is second to none. The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown's clean and comfortable hotel with our wonderful staff that is friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. Bring your Family to stay with our Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- BEST WESTERN Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada