Rodd Royalty
Queens Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
Sherwood Motel(Charlottetown)
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
All reviewswater slidesloft suitehot breakfastindoor poolhockey tournamentmarch breakwaffle makerfree breakfastfridge and microwavefront desk staffcomfortable bedsshopping and restaurantsyogurtnova scotiadowntown charlottetownpeiteams
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a nice hotel; some rooms are nicer than others. Some rooms have been updated but you can tell that they are old rooms. The breakfast was good, but get there early, or the choices are limited. It's a great location; central to everything.
Rooms in the 237-240 section were nice; away from most of the noise; nice big rooms, clean and updated.

Room Tip: room 239 was the best! Away from most of the noise; it had a king size bed, a separate living room area, 2 TV's, and a balcony overlooking the road. room 237 was also nice; big room with king size bed and large window. Both of these rooms were very clean and updated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank n0vasc0tiabeachl0ver
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel as well as the complimentary hot breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

TO START WITH; I WILL STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN. HOWEVER SOME OF THE REVIEWS ARE BLASA AND REALLY DO NOT TELL YOU ALOT ABOUT THE HOTEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO NIT PICK; SO I WILL BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS TO HEAR THE BAD THINGS OR THINGS THAT MAY GO UNMENTIONED.
Breakfast-One of the reasons we picked this hotel was because of the breakfast deal. The breakfast includes the continental breakfast items along with scrambled eggs, home fries and the worse sausages on PEI. I think they should pay a little more and get some better sausages for breakfast. These are salty and bland. If you like to sleep in abit and get down to the restaurant at 8:30 there will be a long line on the days leading up to and including the weekend. There are other fast food restaurants close at hand so you won't starve if you can't wait or not get in.
Bathroom-It is a full but small bathroom. There is a standard tub, toilet and I think its a 16"sink.-No counter space if you have toilet items or make-up. I did not rent a room to have lots of room for toilet items.
Room-Room is larger as the bathroom is smaller but there is not enough drawer space. One extra drawer would have been good. (Especially if you are staying for seven days)
Décor-The hotel is renovated. We stayed in Rm 201. There is a crack in the ceiling, small scratches and nicks in the wall and the bathroom door is delaminating at the top. (These are very minor-I'm in construction-Jus Nit Picking) The main elevator has some scratches in it and the hall corners have some damage.
Pool Area-Did not spend a lot of time but it smelt like it was over chlorinated a little bit.
THATS IT FOR NIT PICKING. IF LITTLE THINGS LIKE THE ONES I MENTIONED ABOVE BOTHER YOU, THEN THIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU. MY WIFE AND I STAYED HERE A WEEKS AND FOUND THE STAFF MORE THAN HELPFULL. I THINK THE REASON THE HOTEL GETS GOOD REVIEWS IS MOSTLY BECAUSE OF THE STAFF AND ITS LOCATION. ITS NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL BY ANY MEANS. IN REALITY I WOULD GIVE IT A 3 STAR RATING OUT OF 5.
We will consider staying again...

Room Tip: We had Room 201 at the end of the hall. It was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce M
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for the constructive feedback after your stay at the Rodd Royalty.

We appreciate your feedback about our breakfast buffet and utilize comments and criticism to fine tune our operation. You can be assured that we are addressing this issue.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience at the Rodd Royalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I booked this hotel for 3 nights from seeing pictures and reading reviews online. We were very excited for our first visit to PEI. We were upgraded to a family suite from an executive suite upon arrival as our executive suite had been given away to some other visitors as the hotel(motel) was fully booked. The room on the first floor was smelly and dark. It was situated on the outside of the ballroom area so no large windows for natural light or view. I immediately opened the two small windows (bedroom and bathroom) to air out the rooms. The furnishings are lovely, the bathroom small but sufficient.
It was very loud in our room, so much so that we switched off the two window sized air conditioners in an attempt to reduce the noise level. We spent the night listening to a never ending thrumming which we think was coming from the ballroom area itself. It was like a big truck idling in the parking lot.
We did not sleep at all that night.
Breakfast was horrible. No taste. The sausages were gross, the eggs tasteless. Thank goodness for toast. I have high standards admittedly when it comes to quality of food, but even the 2 teenagers in our party did not enjoy it and could not finish their meals.
The hotel staff were apologetic about the difficulties with our room, but because they were full could not move our room. They did reduce the rate for the one night and we moved to a MUCH nicer hotel (Holman Grand Hotel).
If your okay staying at motels the Robb Royalty would be a good place, if your looking for hotel standards 3 star or better, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer section of hotel not in the previously existing buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitch B
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of the Rodd Royalty after your recent stay.

We appreciate your feedback about the layout of some of our guest rooms.

Thank you for your comments about our complimentary breakfast. You can be assured that I have shared your feedback with my Food and Beverage team.

Thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty we look forward to seeing you when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed at the Rodd Royalty just this past weekend, the staff were so helpful. I mean super duper friendly. :) We stayed in a double room and paid a significant price, when we got to the room I did expect it to be larger, I've stayed at a lot of hotels, and this was probably the most I've ever paid for a room here in the Maritimes. We were in a room that overlooked the banquet hall... disappointing. The Bathroom was nice, kind of small but nice. Except for the fact that there was mold in the grout of the shower.
My son (8) was super stoked about the waterslide, the pool was nice. The slide was grungy, and the stairs leading to the slide were down right discusting. Mold on every stair.
Breakfast was good. Staff frequently refilled the hot trays. Overall an "ok" stay, when you carry the name Rodd, a person expects the details to be perfect, especially at $189.99 a night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol R
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I appreciate your feedback about our waterslide. We are in the process of resurfacing and repainting our stairwell and anticipate it being completed within the next week.

We are very proud of the level of service our staff provide and are constantly looking for ways to improve our product.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I recently returned to Charlottetown for my 27th consecutive Old Home Week and once again stayed at the Rodds Royalty Inn. To stay 27 consecutive years at the same hotel is a testament to the hotel and its staff. I've seen many changes and upgrades to the facility and its rooms. But, the one thing that has never changed, is the excellent way I have been treated by the staff everytime I'm there. Hats off to all the staff, thanks again, and I'll see you next year.

Room Tip: I prefer a room towards the back of the building. It is usually quieter and easier to go out the back door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your most recent stay at the Rodd Royalty.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.

Safe Travels