“I would recommend this hotel to anyone.”
Review of Rodd Royalty

Rodd Royalty
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a nice, clean and quiet hotel. Friendly staff, very personal too. Room was very clean, smelled good and the staff had the temp just right. Lol it was a hot day when we arived so the a/c was nice. I will deffinatly will stay there again. Oh and my daughter loved the waterslide. Thanks for the awsome stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for the great review after your stay at the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The water slide is pretty awesome. I am glad you daughter enjoyed it.

Thank you once again for sharing your stay with fellow travellers.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The service we received from a particular staffer named Mary was above and beyond! The staff in general was incredibly friendly, like we've never experienced outside a Disney World hotel.

We actually stayed in a room in the main hotel as well as one of the drive up rooms, which we were able to clearly see on the site when booking (Expedia -- got a pretty nice rate, too, especially since it was mid-July). Both were great -- clean, very comfortable beds, flat screen TVs (two of them in the drive up suite), not a single complaint from me based on the rooms.

The free breakfast is really quite unbelievable. Scrambled eggs, sausage, home fries, waffle maker, juice, milk, cereal, that were all IN a restaurant. We checked and double checked to be sure it was free.

Mary apparently told the staff that is was our son's fifth birthday (he told her at check in) and the chef came out from the kitchen with a pancake made like a cat's face complete with gummi worm whiskers! The guy who was inflating balloon animals for the boys (who ALSO knew it was his fifth birthday!) asked them t bring out a few more gummi worms for our 3-year-old! Not only did they, but the chef returned in 5 minutes with another pancake, and she asked, "Did I hear somebody else wanted a pancake?" This one was an adorable pig pancake.

This all happened at a FREE breakfast.

The small, but clean pool area was a favorite of our boys. We had to fight with them to go explore the beaches and island because they loved the pool with 105 foot water slide so much!

I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could, based on our exceptional experience. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

WOW! Thanks for the awesome review. I am really happy to hear what a great stay you had with us and we really appreciate you sharing all of your wonderful experiences at the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown with fellow travellers.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

...well.. I dont usually participate in these surveys..it can be a hit or miss..wherever you may land..for the short term..but having had the experience of staying at the Rodd Royalty.. in PEI..it was almost immediately obvious..that this would be different than expected..from the moment of check in..til the day I checked out.. the highly trained..courtious..accommodating staff..made the stay a memorable/mentionable time..cleanliness must be a priority at Rodd..it was immaculate..inside ..and well groomed outside..the chamber staff was right on..it seemed that Rodd had an army of employees performing the daily routine of running a a finely tuned operation. I would definitely return..and highly recommend the hotel..and for the travelers..like myself ..who arrive on two wheels..I think that the motel..right beside the hotel..is a perfect fit..though the room is a little smaller..perhaps best.. for a single or couple..it has reserved parking..right outside the door...so..here's to a job well done..Thanks Rodd..
P.S. lots of shopping for necessities..within walking distance...

Room Tip: ...there are some rooms that border the downstairs function room..and have a window that looks into...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the great review of your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown. I can't wait to share it with my staff.

Thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have stayed at numerous hotels in Charlottetown, this one is by far the best! We had the 2 level room, my 9 yr old son entered the room and said "This room is awesome! Wow, I feel like a king! Now I know why they call it the Rodd ROYALTY!" The room was very clean, very quiet, very spacious. The beds were so comfortable, for the first time while traveling we overslept! The hot breakfast buffet is wonderful. My mother & sister are diabetics and this just set their day, we didn't have to stop and loose time while sightseeing, etc. because they had a full proper breakfast to start their day. My son loved making his own waffles! The pool is great for the kids & has a huge waterslide! There is lots of parking & it's so close to everything. Very easy to find and get in and out of. The BEST accommodations you can get in Charlottetown by far!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the 2 level rooms on the 3rd floor. You can get 1 double bed upstairs in a loft the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for the great view. The loft suites are really awesome. Families really like them because it gives everyone room to spread out!

Thank you for sharing your great experience with fellow travellers. I am glad you enjoyed the full hot complimentary breakfast and the rest the Rodd Royalty has to offer.

Thank you very much for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown. We cannot wait to see you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came up for a weeks visit from NH and was extremely pleased for all this hotel was. a great value, fantastic location to get around the island and as well get extras from stores. I was extremely pleased with the comforts of the beds and the friendliness of the staff personnel. If you want a great value for your dollars, please consider this location, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms are close to shopping malls for anything you might have forgotten
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your great stay the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown with fellow travellers.

We really appreciate it and we cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Prince Edward Island.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had such a nice time. My husband and I moved here from Edmonton Alberta to Nova Scotia. My husband being originally from British Columbia wanted to explore the east coast. Staying at the Rodd royalty in charlottetown was perfect! We has perfect service from everyone who worked there and our room was great! We had no clue where to go, a younger guy worker at the front desk had no problem telling us the best places to go. He also told is the history and background of "The Rodd" - good to know who Wally Rodd was! Would 100% stay here again and recommend to anyone :)

• Stayed: July 2014
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your great stay at the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown with your fellow travellers. I am glad we were able to help you enjoy everything Prince Edward Island has to offer.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

There are friendly staff, clean facilities and a very good breakfast. We've stayed a week at the Rodd Royalty for each of the last 5 summers. We haven't been disappointed yet. Can't wait for our next visit.

1  Thank Adam O
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Wow! What a great review. Thank you for making the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown your Summer Vacation Spot year after year.

We can't wait to see you back next summer!