“Good experience”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Mississauga, Canada
“Good experience”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for one night after a long constantly delayed flight to Charlottetown. The woman at reception was very nice and accommodating. The hotel does not have an elevator and I had multiple heavy bags, so she was able to switch me to a ground level room so I did not have to lug everything up the stairs. The room I stayed in was renovated - nice bathroom and bed, but it smelled like smoke (in her defence - I did not specify non-smoking, and it may have been the only room left on the ground floor). There wasn't much options for breakfast - I ended up eating a slice of toast. The hot breakfast was in a small room off the seating area, which I thought could be displayed in a more accessible way.

Overall, the room was clean, the staff were friendly - I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The staff and I very much appreciate your kind words and excited to hear that you would stay at our property again. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction, so please do not hesitate to reach out us and let us know how we can bring your "Level of Comfort" to an even higher level. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlottetown.

Thank you again for the review!

Shawna Grandjean, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I normally don't stay here when in Charlottetown. However, due to the normal place I stay in being full, I decided to give it a try again here.

My previous experience had not been positive...............just a normal budget C.I. - nothing that great.

However, I had a great surprise this time. The room was nicely renovated and everything was new.

The breakfast had had a big improvement as well.

I will say, I still don't get it why any hotel with more than one floor does not have an elevator. You have to drag your baggage up the steps.......................Yes, you can stay on the ground level, but there are no windows that open..........just a sliding glass door on the ground level.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The staff and I really appreciate your kind words and we are glad to hear you were impressed with our "New Level of Comfort". We do have a few king rooms on ground level that have a window rather than the patio doors. We would be happy to give you one of those rooms for your next trip over. Please don't hesitate to mention it when reserving. As one of our guests your 100% satisfaction is our goal . The staff and I hope to see you on your next trip to Charlottetown.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel has been recently renovated and the rooms are fairly roomy and the bathrooms nice. The staff is excellent (especially Jessicah!) and are ready to help with guest requests. Their "hot breakfast" is a little dodgy, as it seems precooked and microwaved on the premises, but they have great Belgian waffle makers. It's not a huge buffet, but with cereal, fruit, yoghurt and other items, you can get a decent breakfast in. Ideally located near the airport, you'll require a vehicle to get in to downtown where there is a better selection of restaurants. The hotel was very quiet except for one night when a high school team from out of province stayed, but the halls were clear and quiet by 11pm. We stayed for two weeks as we were working nearby and would definitely stay again under the same circumstances.

Room Tip: You may want to check to see if any teams have booked in and if you can get a room away from the act...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danrobe2007
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

Hi Danrobe, thanks very much for leaving us these great scores and for choosing to stay at our location for 2 weeks! The staff and I very much appreciate this. Teams and High Schools can be challenging and we very much appreciate your understanding. I'm very glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond for you, exceptional guest service will always be our top priority. The staff and I look forward to crossing paths with you again on your travels.

Shawna Grandjean
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was travelling on business to PEI & chose to stay @ the comfort inn Charlottetown. The 2 day stay was exceptional The staff so very friendly & happy, the newly renovated Inn was so clean & inviting..I stay @ many hotels in Canada & the US, usually on business & this stay was the most pleasing that I have ever experienced. My next business trip to Charlottetown will include a cozy peaceful stay @ the comfort inn Elizabeth C

Room Tip: I always like the drive up entrances, very easy to bring all your things into the room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

What a wonderful review to start our day Elizabeth. Thank you so much. Guests like yourself give all the staff such a pleasant workday. our "New Level of Comfort" is really bringing a unique and comfortable experience for all our guests and they absolutely deserve that! I'm glad your stay was no exception. We will happily await your next stay with us. On behalf of all the staff and myself thank you so much.

new brunswick
Reviewed 17 April 2014

For a moderate priced hotel, this has far surpassed our expectations. Very clean and newly renovated.....friendly and helpful staff and a lovely hot breakfast that is prepared for you upon request. One of the best breakfasts at this type of hotel ...I have had. Close to downtown Charlottetown and shopping at your backdoor and close to lots of restaurants. Comfort Inn has done a classy job of their renovations
Highly recommend/
Lois V-B

Room Tip: Ask for a drive up room as easy access to load and unload. Ifyou need that service.
1 Thank chppy
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Thank you so much Lois for your wonderful comments on our "New Level of Comfort". The staff and I certainly appreciate exceptional guests like yourself. Our guests deserve a Comfortable and Classy experience. I'm glad that was the case for you! See you on your next trip over.

Antigonish, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am usually in a comfort inn within the Maritime provinces an average of 3 nights a week, I have been with them for close to 20 years and would not change even though the company pays my expenses. They are friendly, know what you like and provide it.

Room Tip: I like the drive ups for my choice, vending and ice machines can be noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Donalda K
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

What great compliments you have given us Donalda. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Comfort Inn's in Atlantic Canada. Our drive up's will continue to be our first choice for you as well! The staff and I look forward to the next time you are in Charlottetown.

Elmsdale, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We took an unexpected trip to Prince Edward Island, just my husband and I and decided to check the hotels as we entered Charlottetown. We choose the Comfort Inn, we have stayed at them before and had an idea of what we were getting. But to our amazement the lobby was beautiful, they apparently had renovations done last fall but it looked like it was just finished. The room was the average room size but the bedding and décor was wonderful, rich colors. We had a great night's sleep it was like sleeping on a cloud hated to get up. Upon checking out we were reminded by the friendly staff about the hot breakfast so we took them up on the offer. The cheese omelettes were awesome, they had everything we needed to start our busy day of shopping and touring around. I do what to thank all the wonderful, friendly staff that we met, for giving us a wonderful rooms, service, advice and directions. We will be back this summer that's for sure.

Thank You for making our get away a great one

Sandi

Room Tip: great value for a great price, a definite redo for sure.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandi M
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Hi Sandi,

Wow this stellar review is really wonderful to see! The staff and I are so glad that you were impressed with our guest service and enjoyed our "New Level of Comfort". We will certainly look forward to seeing you back in the summer. It will be our privilege to have you stay with us again!

Thank you so much!