“The best hotel in Charlottetown ”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I just want to say for those who give a bad review for the comfort inn hasn't stayed in one of the run down places in Charlottetown, the comfort inn is clean and the staff will do anything for you, Shawna Grand Jean has got to be one of the best managers of all hotels in Charlottetown, she will go out of her way to make you feel comfortable, if you want a nice an quiet place to stay come stay at the Comfort Inn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin G
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We truly appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of our rooms and staff. It is truly appreciated. We look forward too seeing you the next time you visit Charlottetown.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

It's newly renovated, and it's beautiful. Great room, comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff, extremely clean. I wish I could have rated this hotel as excellent, but there were a couple of things that led me to the Very Good rating. We got a full-sized mattress instead of a queen. Maybe the sizes are different in Canada? We were two couples, and both mattresses were this smaller size. The breakfast buffet was nice, but you could not spoon out your own eggs and meat. Someone in small cubbyhole did that for you, and frankly, the eggs and sausage I got wee not up to what I have eaten in other Choice Hotels. Also, are we second-class citizens because we booked through Expedia? First, I could not use my Choice card because I didn't book it on the Choice web page. Second, is it that big a deal to skip my room every morning when delivering the local newspaper? All that said, the Wi-Fi worked, and we were quite happy with everything else, and I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

We are really glad you liked our property and the staff truly appreciate your kind words. Unfortunately it is a condition with all our properties than you cannot collect Choice Privilege Points when booking through 3rd party websites. Sorry for any inconvenience with this policy. Do not hesitate to book with us directly next time if you would like to collect your points or book via Choicehotels.com. The staff and I very much hope to see you on your next trip to the Island.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is clean and gave a feel of fresh renovation, we felt the room was smaller for our four member family, the hotel does not have the facility of gym, laundry or pool, breakfast was good, I could see a people waiting outside for breakfast on Sunday as they were opening little late on Sunday. Price was reasonable and the front desk staff gave the committed offer as discussed while booking the room.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The staff and I are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our "New Level of Comfort" and that you were impressed with staff and found our pricing reasonable. We very much hope to see you the next time you visit the Island.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I do not give a report on anything other than what I enjoy, but this time I will make an exception. We were warmly received and the staff was always ready to do what ever than can. But the facility is not up to the standards I expect from Comfort Inn. I parked the car in the rear parking lot and as I entered from there I was shocked. Immediately outside the parking lot door there are two patio chairs and an ash tray to accommodate smokers. This allows smoke smell to permeate the hallways. One member of our party was given a room that reeked of cigarette smoke, the fixtures were yellow with what appears to be nicotine. The staff was doing the best they could but with 100% occupancy there were no rooms to change too. This room needs a 100% renovation and should not be rented until that is accomplished.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

It's very nice of you despite your issues with the property to mention the great staff service you received we very much appreciate that. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your guest room. I will assure you that all of our rooms have been renovated recently and we are a 100% smoke free property inside. Any ashtrays you might have seen were not those of the property. We do have butt stops in certain areas outside to avoid cigarette butts on the ground which can make quite a mess. We really appreciate you giving us your feedback and hope to see you again on your next trip to the island.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I hate to give a bad review of this motel because the staff was very helpful. The landscaping was exceptional. However, we asked for a king or queen room and were given what they said was a queen room. However, it had a double bed, not a queen. Towels were a little on the thin side.

Room Tip: Inspect a room before you commit to staying.
1  Thank Ruth D
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback Ruth. Your nice comments on the staff and the grounds are very welcome and appreciated. There seems to be some confusion with the size of your bed. I can assure you that if there was one bed in your room that it is either a Queen or a King. We only have double beds in our guest rooms that have two beds. We do not include double beds in our single rooms. Sorry for any confusion regarding this topic. I will certainly look into the prospect of having thicker towels. We are committed to 100% guest satisfaction so hearing from our guests and their concerns is the best way to achieve this goal. So thank you for giving us some info to use to better the property. All the staff and I hope to see you on your next island adventure.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Couldn't ask for better staff and management team then at the Comfort Inn in Charlottetown. They are very friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure for my family and I to stay there over the weekend for the Cavendish Beach Music Festival. Already looking forward to staying there again next year. Highly recommend this Motel to any one.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been completely renovated so there are no bad rooms at all here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi Kris,

Thanks so much for leaving us this wonderful review. The staff and I are so appreciative of your kind words and it means so much that hard work does not go unnoticed. You are a wonderful guest to have and we look forward to seeing you next year for Cavendish Beach!

Shawna Grandjean

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good staff. Checked in and neither key worked but they fixed that right away. Walls seem a little thin as we could hear conversations in room next door and in the halls, but it was quiet by 11 so no big problem. Location was convenient for tournament we attended. Overall, stay was good and place has been recently renovated. Probably wouldn't stay again unless under a block as I would prefer to be downtown and like to have a pool, but value was good and it was convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OriginalShoon
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank your for taking the time to review our property.

You certainly left us some wonderful comments here and the staff and I very much appreciate it. Our "New Level of Comfort" has really been going over well and am glad to see you were no exception. Hopefully there will be another tournament in your future and we will get chance to wow you again. Thanks so much your for kind words!!!