“Quiet Comfort and Attention to detail”

Elmwood Heritage Inn
Ranked #1 of 44 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
“Quiet Comfort and Attention to detail”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Carol and Jay provided us with a level of service unmatched in my experience. My wife and I traveled to Charlottetown with our 1 and a 1/2 year old son and as soon as we arrived they whisked us off our feet and set us down into a comfortable yet decadent PEI lifestyle.

Minutes after settling into our pristinely cleaned room (I would eat off the floor) Carol both recommended and facilitated the pick-up of fresh and delicious lobster rolls. They produced restaurant and activity recommendations as well as arranging car pick-ups and reservations. The next morning at breakfast which was incredibly delicious (both mornings) a basket of toys was produced which amused our young son greatly. I can't say enough about how wonderful and relaxing our stay was but I will summarize with the following. Perfection.

Room Tip: The suite was great if you have a young one because they can sleep in a different room while you enj...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brett G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My partner and I stayed one night at the Elmwood in the Nurse's Room. We had an incredible stay in this beautiful bed and breakfast. Our floor was unoccupied the night we stayed so our room was very private. For a large group this floor would be ideal, but it was also lovely for our romantic getaway for two. The whole inn was beautiful and had everything we needed. We loved meeting the other guests and seeing the common spaces of the house. Jay and Carol coordinated their plans around us and recommended great stuff to do while we were on the island. Breakfast was delicious and we wished we could stay a few nights longer. I'd recommend the Elmwood Heritage Inn to anyone visiting Charlottetown. The location is very convenient and the Inn is charming and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liza M
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Jay & Carol Macdonald are there to meet you and welcome you into their home! 2 separate floors of spacious welcoming room to hand out in. The breakfast was absolutely delicious in front of the fire and all guests shared fun stories and adventures with advice on traveling to and from Prince Edward Island to Cape Bretton, etc. We ended up on the same ferry as another couple and met up with them in Louisberg, Cape Bretton....The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I sent another couple from my office there and they absolutely loved it too! Glad we found it !

Room Tip: we had an upstairs room and it was lovely !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My son and I spent two days at the Elmwood B&B. We enjoyed everything. The room is so cozy , super clean and elegant. The breakfast is amazing. The owners are so nice . I have recommended the Elmwood to my friends in China and New Brunswick. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

For the may long weekend, my family and I stayed here and had an excellent experience. Carol and Jay were very accommodating and also very informative of good dining and different things to do in the various regions of the island. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and all around cozy. Furthermore, the breakfasts that we had at Elmwood Heritage Inn were utterly delicious. It was the perfect sized portion to start the day. Also, upon arrival, carol and Jay would inquire to see if there were any food allergies, which was great since we did have some food allergies. It was an all around great experience and would definitely recommend in to all travellers.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This bed and breakfast was amazing! The owners are very knowledgeable and helped us plan our trip around the Island. The Rose room was very comfotable and spacious. The whirlpool tub helped us relax at the end of a wonderful day of touring the Island. Breakfasts in the morning were incredible. Jay is a great Chef!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My mom and I spent five days at the Elmwood B&B. We enjoyed all it had to offer including the fabulous hosts Carol and Jay. The setting is perfect - a quiet neighborhood that is just a few minutes to the center of attractions in downtown Charlottetown. We have recommended the Elmwood to friends already!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and decorated so well. I would have a hard time recommending one over the o...