This was our first trip to Prince Edward Island and we were delighted to find a wonderful
historic boutique hotel to stay our one and only night in PEI. The hotel is located in a beautiful historic part of the city - walking distance of the waterfront , shopping and restaurants. We had a lovely room quite spacious with 2 double beds (which slept great) , and furnished with period furniture but still modern according to today's standards(flat screen tv and wi-fi).
The staff were very warm and helpful. A complimentary cocktail hour is held each
afternoon in their beautiful lobby and complimentary breakfast is also set up there
each morning. Just as additional information, this hotel is a cluster of historic buildings
and sometimes parking is a bit tricky. We stayed in the main building on the corner. It is a beautiful historic hotel, very clean, service excellent and would highly recommend this hotel if in the Charlottetown PEI area. Definitely would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada