The ambiance of The Great George was remarkable. Then, we encountered the terrific staff, led by Rachel. The phrase, "Your wish is our command" came to mind several times.
Our large group held a business reception at the Wellington Boardroom. It dawned on me a day later that we were walking on historic and hallowed ground. I want to say thank you to Vanessa for her cheerful assistance with the beverages. It was amazing to see the hotel staff working to make our event just that......an event. Excellent work you guys!! Thanks for the drawn butter too.
We did have the pleasure to meet the owner, Kevin Murphy at the hotel, ate several meals at his associated restaurants and just had a fabulous time. On leaving, he and family were at the Charlotte town airport too. I haven't given recommendations before but am happy to give this one. The Great George, Gahans, Sims, Charlottetown & PEI, we shall return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada