We had not stayed at the Great George for a while and this was a nice return visit. Things were mostly as we remembered them give or take a few changes to the lobby which is much bigger now than it was on our last stay. Our room was cozy and relaxing, the feeling we remembered from previous stays, and the bed was very comfortable. The service as always is very good. It is actually less comfortable at breakfast time than it used to be. Eating off a tray on your lap because the seating is basically couches and chairs with low tables is a bit of a challenge. I also remembered fresh flowers all over the lobby on one of our previous stays and it may have been because we were just there for one night this time, but I didn't see any and I missed that grace note. We were invited to complimentary drinks in the lobby on the night of our stay. This was a nice touch which unfortunately, because of our schedule we could not enjoy, but we appreciated the invitation. The Great George is still a very pleasant place to stay. I also love the small courtyard gardens outside, they are so beautifully done and it has always been a dream for me to stay in one of the pretty little houses they have adjoining them. Maybe one day we will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada