Lovely, lovely hotel. The nicest, most professional staff. Loved our room - it offered much more than we were expecting. The king bed was awesome, we also had a kitchen area, a seating area (with fireplace and flat screen tv), a huge walk in shower, and a washer/dryer. Not to mention beautiful touches with the lighting, artwork, etc. Wow! We also enjoyed the small gardens and sitting areas outside our building. The hotel lobby was beautiful - continental breakfast was good.
The not so good was actually to do with the town. I read another reviewer comment about the bars in the area - and we also experienced the noise one night as a rather rowdy group exited one of the nearby places very late one evening (or was it early one morning?). They quieted down soon enough, but the group definitely woke us up. I have a concern for this part of town. It is the location of many historical sites, theaters, shops, and galleries, but there seems to be other elements there too. Perhaps if the restaurants/bars had an earlier closing time iin this part of town? The owners of the Great George have done their part in beautifully restoring this hotel and several old buildings surrounding it - my hope is that this entire area continues the trend by upgrading and becoming an even better visitor destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada