“PEI courtesy”

Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Conveniently located located I the heart of Old Charlottetown, I found it to be easily accessible and within a short walk to some good food, pubs, and parks. Breakfast Buffett is ample and varied although it is a little pricey about $50 for a couple. The room was comfortable and the hotel had plenty of amenities available to my wife while I attended my meetings. There was some construction going on but they didn't really interfere with our stay. I saw plenty of cruise ships come and go so I know that the summers must be a hit with the tourists.

1  Thank Stephen U
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your comments in conjunction with your stay at the Delta Prince Edward. Pleased that both you and your wife enjoyed your visit with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First time in PEI for a conference. Very pretty island and the hotel is located in old Charlottetown by the waterfront. Beautiful historical buildings and seafood restaurants everywhere you turn. With all the options, I never tried the hotel food, preferring instead to try a different restaurant every night. The hotel has been renovated, giving it a "new" feel and it was spacious and very clean. The only downside was getting a room that overlooked a part of the roof (instead of the waterfront) and being located in front of the elevator. Since I wasn't in the room much, I didn't make a big deal about it but if I was there on vacation, I would definately want the view and something away from the 2:00a.m. and 6:00a.m. "elevator conversations". Staff was very helpful and warm. Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Again, stay away from "elevator" rooms and get something with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marmatei2
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here. Feeback from our guests is very important to us, and we appreciate yours. Pleased that you enjoyed our downtown location in particular, as well as our recent renovations. Thank you also for your comments towards our employees, which we have shared. On another note, I regret your guest room location was not ideal for you. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a water view on your next visit. Until then, thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Its been a while since we were here, but here's my review regardless:

We went for a weekend to Charlottetown for our 5th anniversary. We opted for the room with a jacuzzi, thinking it would be perfection. Im not so sure I would call it perfection. The room was large - large bed, sitting area, dresser with tv, closet, bathroom, but the jacuzzi was in the middle of the room, close to the door. Felt like an awkward layout. That being said, the room was cleaned daily, and we had no issues at all in any other way. Walking distance to most everything in downtown, including some great restaurants. We had the breakfast in the hotel and it was mediocre at best. Should have just found a cafe elsewhere.

Would I go back? I dont know. For the price I expect a nicer place. For the quality, you might as well just go to the holiday inn etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMPRI, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Tableforfourplease

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We value all feedback from our guests and thank you for the comment regarding room cleanliness and room layout. It was disappointing to read about your breakfast experience, I would certainly be delighted to speak with you personally regarding this so I can have a better understanding of the experience.

I can be reached at 902-894-1202 or at marshall.thomson@deltahotels.com

Best Regards
Marshall

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently attended a dinner meeting at the new convention centre,held at the Delta in Charlottetown,PEI.The location was OK,but the meal was very disappointing.Recent comments by others who also attended functions there are similar.Our main meal was pork and it was extremely tough,accompanied by dry mashed potatoes,and miniscule veggies. Better make some changes!!

1  Thank patti68
GuestRelationsWE, Manager at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at the PEI convention center. We are concerned to hear your experience did not meet or exceed your expectations. I can assure you we take service and food quality very seriously, if you could please contact me directly at mark.gregory@deltahotels.com I would like to speak to you personally regarding your experience. Thank you for helping us improve!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Location is excellant and the staff was more then friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.
I had a great view of the water.
Right downtown. I walked 10 minutes to everything.
The front desk staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Your post here is very much appreciated. So pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at the Delta Prince Edward, and in particular the guest service you received and your room with a view. We hope we soon have the opportunity to welcome you back. In the meantime, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The rooms are clean and comphy, the staff friendly and knowlegable about the area. It's in a fantastic location, walking distance to some good restaurants and attractions. Had a really good breakfast in the restaurant. Everything you would expect from a Delta hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrWayne
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post here, your comments are very much appreciated. Pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My room (#431) was just finished to be renovated the day before my stay. I can only say that room was nicely put together : decoration, colour, linen, TV, bed, mini fridge, etc. The bed was very confortable, the bathroom clean and spacious. The hotel staff are very thoughtful and ready to help you anytime. The location of the hotel is just perfect as it is just a few steps away restaurants, water, etc. More importantly it is was so convenient to be by the Conference Center. I do recommend this hotel! Enjoy your stay!

1  Thank MelandK
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Your comments about your stay with us at the Delta Prince Edward are very much appreciated. Pleased you enjoyed your stay overall, and our newly renovated guest rooms and the convention centre in particular. Thank you for your kind comments towards our employees, also. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.