“Off Season”

Sherwood Motel
Sherwood Motel
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Off season rate. Still with taxes came to $93.00 for one night. Great for one night. Stayed in the main building. Have no idea what the motel rooms look like. Seemed to be quite a few cars/ trucks parked outside each motel room. Must be trades persons staying in Charlottetown for extended period.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 1 January 2012

My friend and I needed a place for one night while passing through town, and most places were uncharacteristically full for the time of year, so we checked into this place. The woman at the front desk was wonderful and chatty, and our room was spacious and clean. It was a non-smoking room, but the smell of stale cigarettes suggested that it wasn't always that way. For the price, however, I can't really complain. I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple of nights though. If you're looking for something on the classier side, give this one a miss, but if you're just looking to lay your head on a moderately comfortable bed for a night, it'll do the job.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the north side to keep the lights from next door shining through your...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jetsetroadbound
Reviewed 5 September 2011

There are still crumbs left on toaster and a pan of leftover food was in the oven when we checked in. The bathtub is new, however, it doesn't drain properly and take double time to drain the bathwater than the minutes taken for a shower.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Did not get type of room I had booked -was in motel(kitchenette) facing highway-no phone, no clock, no coffee pot,2 pots. no fry pans to cook on gas stove-good thing I smoke so had lighter-had to change rooms-because I booked smoking-got nasty note from mgr because front desk gave me an ashtray-second room had no remote for TV-bathroom door didn't close-looked like it had been kicked in before!?! Close to airport, but not to anything else. Because we had kitchenette-comp breakfast not an option, but we had nothing to make meals with. Moved to another motel=same price, comp brfast,pool,fridge,m'wave

Room Tip: Motel is dump=maybe hotel part better
2  Thank alexis1958
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This place was very old and very dirty, but there are many other reviews online that talk about that particular issue, so I'll focus on something else.

On my recent stay, I got 8-10 bug bites from this place. Since I am not an expert/doctor I cannot tell whether they are bedbug bites or not, But this bug bites, whatever they are, left big deep red marks on my legs, and definitely not mosquito bites.

When i notified of the owner that they might have bedbugs, I thought I was doing them a favor, and I thought they'd thank me and take some precautionary measures. Instead, the owner became furious and started shouting at me that I was lying. It was unbelievable.

To my disbelief, the owner then showed how low a person could really become by refusing to give back my bag and told me she would not give back my bag unless I write them a letter saying I can't find a bedbug in the room. (worthy of World's Worst 100 Vacation Nightmares)

Now, how was I supposed to find tiny bugs with naked eyes, in a carpeted room with much upholstery? There is a reason that people use specially trained dogs for that purpose.

Bed bugs or any other bug bites don't necessarily mean that the place is horrible or sub-standard. They can happen anywhere. E.g. Waldorf Astoria is being sued for bedbugs. They travel with travelers and there isn't much you can do when a guest brings a bedbug/other pests with him to your motel/hotel/inn, etc.

However, if the owner starts shouting at you and demand that you find her a proof of bed bugs when a guest notifies her a potential issue, in my opinion, that is a lot worse than really having bedbugs.

If you are considering this place because of its low price, do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.

Also, it appears they make beds but don't provide clean bedding between consecutive nights. it's either that or they did a horrible job in cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jddddddd
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Decent bed and good rate. Great for last minute stay. But bad breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Frankyboone
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Myself, my husband and son stayed at the Sherwoord Inn and Motel August 6, 2011. We wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of town, but still close enough to get a quick meal. This place fit the bill perfectly. As a side note, we did not book ahead.

We stopped here to see if they had any rooms available and were given room 104. The room was clean and well stocked. There were two double beds, a small table and chairs, a small desk, TV and a closet area. The room was a nice size for the three of us. Air conditioning worked well. Lots hot water and plenty of parking.

The room price also included a continental breakfast.

We ordered pizza for delivery no problem.

We were very pleased with our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Book ahead if you are looking for something specific.
1  Thank nslisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlottetown
Queens Arms Inn
#1 of 1 in Brackley
Rodd Royalty
Rodd Royalty
#12 of 23 in Charlottetown

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!